RAYPAC Manager (On-site)
Wilson Blvd, VA
Country:United States of America
Location:VA108: 1100 Wilson Blvd, Arlington 1100 Wilson Boulevard , Arlington, VA, 22209 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
To realize our full potential, Raytheon Technologies is committed to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger business results, but also become a force for good, fueling stronger business performance and greater opportunity for employees, partners, investors and communities to succeed.
The following position is to join our Corporate or Research Center Team:
This position is part of Raytheon’s Corporate Global Government Relations team in Arlington, VA, and is responsible for leading the company’s Political Action Committee (RAYPAC) and other related political activities. This position is responsible for adding value to the company by growing RAYPAC to support candidates for elected office who align with the Company.
The PAC Manager is responsible for the continued growth of RAYPAC, from strategy formulation and program implementation to account management, solicitations, member services, and contributor education and recruitment. The Manager coordinates events, represents Raytheon Technologies at RAYPAC-hosted events/programs, and is responsible for planning and supporting the annual fundraising campaign for the company.
- Manage a $1.6 million annual PAC operation to ensure the PACs can meet the company’s goals and grow annually in terms of contributions and participation.
- Develop corporate political strategy in conjunction with senior leadership, PAC Steering Committee members, the Global Government Relations team, and the businesses to achieve annual goals.
- Develop PAC budget, which includes making recommendations of support for local, state, and federal candidates, and contributions to leaderships PACs, in a collaborative manner.
- Draft and execute all RAYPAC-related communications, including all solicitation materials, website content, newsletters, invitations, presentations, talking points and other materials as needed.
- Represent RAYPAC and Raytheon Technologies before elected officials and candidates for office.
- Communicate effectively and continually with contributors and the businesses to advance the PAC’s goals.
- Monitor congressional and political activities on a continual basis to help inform and update the PACs’ strategies and activities.
- Plan and support visits by elected officials and candidates to business sites to meet with contributors and company leaders.
- Present RAYPAC in and through multiple mediums, including to senior leadership, broad-based employee forums, on video and conference calls, and in print.
- Develop and implement innovative marketing and solicitation programs to secure new members, retain existing ones, and increase average contributions.
- Plan activities and events designed to meet the PAC’s goals, such as fundraisers, political receptions, and educational events.
- Manage the RAYPAC Steering Committee, by-laws, and other governance matters.
- Develop and manage the annual PAC operational budget; and,
- Implement sound financial practices and carried out routinely, to include the recording and collection of receipts and disbursements, compliance with applicable federal, state, and local election laws, and all required reporting with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and other applicable agencies, to ensure all internal audits are passed and no violations are made.
- University Degree and at least 5 years of work experience in government relations, political fundraising, or political campaigns
- Previous experience managing a political action committee.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of political and legislative processes, to include solid political instincts and acumen.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal requirements for political activity disclosure and reporting, to include FEC laws and filing requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and confidence interacting directly with corporate executives.
- Team player who is a self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills, and demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Experience managing multiple demands and constituents – internal and external.
- Self-starter with a bias for action who can manage time and multi-task effectively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and in database management
- Ability to travel domestically at a minimum, 3 days a month.
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, Communications, or similiar
- Experience working on Capitol Hill
- Substantive experience with/within the defense community
- Knowledge of Quorum Government Relations software or similar compliance database and HTML
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms