RBM Manager Engineering- Mechanical
Rosenbauer America, LLC
At Rosenbauer we pride ourselves on providing top-of-the-line fire apparatus, created with state-of-the-art technology, for more than 150 years. When lives are at stake anything less is unacceptable. As the worlds largest manufacturer of fire equipment, we make sure our vehicles, production teams, and service personnel are ready to do what is necessary to keep communities safe.
The Manager Engineering- Mechanical will play a key role in contributing to Rosenbauer Americas development of new products. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the technical strategies and development of the Cab Sub-System utilizing system engineering processes. In support of all Rosenbauer America Products, you will be responsible to manage a team to develop integrated hardware solutions to meet your sub-system performance, cost, and schedule requirements. Responsibilities will also include leading and supporting products research and development projects.
All employees are required to support Rosenbauers Mission, Vision, and Values. The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Rosenbauer.
- Supervise, coach, and maintain adequate staff to accomplish the Rosenbauer America Engineering team goals. Identify changes in resource needs with justification.
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and monitor progress of projects to successful conclusions, which includes manpower, budget, timing, and performance goals.
- Develop and implement consistent processes to manage the products and data across the RBA engineering team. Identify and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Review Product specifications for implementation feasibility and advise on better performing, higher quality solutions when applicable
- Direct the management and maintenance of your sub-systems BoMs and the management of the data within a PDM and a CAD system.
- Direct appropriate analysis and/or tests to ensure performance, durability, and safety criteria are met.
- Understand and apply vehicle regulatory requirements and standards, such as FMVSS, SAE, NFPA, etc., to ensure our product designs are compliant.
- Act as an internal product specialist in support of your core technology development team and drive development of best practices and processes associated with your core technology.
- Coordinates product and processes with other departments including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Service and Sales & Marketing.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects and objectives as well as handling unscheduled tasks.
- Lead the team in analysis and problem-solving techniques to develop products and address issues.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with Rosenbauer America leadership team, other product development engineering teams and all cross functional teams.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required by management, to meet the needs of the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Masters degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of related experience in heavy truck and/or automotive systems.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes for efficient assembly and serviceability.
- Knowledge of firefighting processes and equipment.
- Previous experience managing a group.
- Proficient in your ability to manage multiple and diverse projects, including analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, problem solving, decision making, and carrying out assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to evaluate and validate designs to meet requirements.
- Must be able to professionally work with customers, suppliers, and contract teams.
- Be able to transfer paper to reality.
- Development of processes for high engineering quality, accuracies, and efficiencies.
- Initiative to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Automotive repair (hands on experience).
- Ability to recognize the importance and adherence to all safety policies to promote a safe working environment, for everyone at the organization.
- Read and interpret common scientific and technical journals and documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Emphasis will be placed on analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- SolidWorks, Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD.
- Responsibilities are guided by general company principles and objectives.
- Decisions are made within these guidelines initially, and a supervisor is informed afterwards.
This position works in an office environment. It is a quiet environment that is temperature controlled, ventilated, and well-lit. Working Conditions will include a desk space where most of the shift will be spent, and it provides open space to work in. This office space is routinely cleaned by Rosenbauer Cleaning Services. It has access to all welfare facilities. This position requires traveling to different departments, test environments and manufacturing environments exposing your to varying working conditions when out of the office. This can cause exposure to cold or heat depending on the season. Working conditions may include humidity, wet floors, and loud noises. Most of the hazards come from machines but following proper procedures minimize risk. There is also sometimes dust and airborne particles due to the machines being used in all the different shops.
This position requires standing, walking, sitting, and the use of hands. It can become very loud in certain shops. Some projects require the use of feet, legs, hands, and fingers for over 60 minutes at a time, while the use of knees, back, shoulders, and arms can reach up to 60 minutes. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, ability to adjust focus, and good depth perception. This position may require reaching, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. All positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds, but this position rarely involves lifting heavy objects.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please specify which position you are seeking to apply for employment. Email Human Resources at [email protected].ID:uDnQdo