Caniff Electric Supply Co.
Caniff Electric Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of McNaughton-McKay Electric Company, is a full-line wholesale electrical distributor specialized to serve the commercial and industrial electrical industry. Caniff has multiple locations that serve Southeast Michigan.
Shipping and Receiving Warehouse Clerk – Full-time
The individual in this role is responsible for accurately counting, verifying and inspecting both inbound and outbound product and materials as well as the posting of inventory. This team member also deals directly with vendors and couriers, and has a working relationship with purchasing and accounting groups. This is an individual with an understanding of shipping and receiving, logistics, inventory, and warehouse operations. Time management and prioritization skills will be tested daily. This role is a backup to the team lead position.
* Assisting the shipping and receiving team with general duties as needed
* Cycle counting
* Data entry
* Stock put-away
* Vendor/Freight claims
* Order picking and staging
* Labeling and location assignment
* Posting of inventory
* Previous hilo experience a plus, must be willing to learn.
* Physical work including but not limited to being able to lift and carry up to 100lbs., bend, kneel, climb ladders, and be on feet walking/standing entire shift.
* Indoor/Outdoor year-round work environment.
* Minimum of 3 years warehouse work experience or shipping and receiving experience.
* Logistics and/or vendor management experience a plus.
* Professional communication skills; written and verbal.
* Fundamental math skills.
* Advanced computer skills.
Hours: M-F, 8-5 with overtime as needed
Job Type: Full-time, $20.00-22.00 per hour starting pay
Benefits offered: * Paid time off * Health insurance * Dental insurance * HSA/FSA * Optical Insurance * LTD * STD * 401(k) *Profit Sharing *
We appreciate your interest in Caniff Electric Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of McNaughton-McKay Electric Company. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.