Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram’s V.O., Myers’s, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of “world’s most award-winning distillery” through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The Receiving Supervisor supervises hourly personnel in the receiving department and is responsible for the off-loading and routing of freight deliveries for processing, maintenance and label departments; supervises, counts, and verifies the receipt of caps, corks, and other closures; orders and maintains supplies of tape and adhesives; compiles daily bottling efficiency reports; issues purchase orders for plant maintenance; and works with AP to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Supervises Receiving employees to ensure work is performed efficiently and accurately. Plans work so bottling will continue without interruption yet minimizes shuffling of trailers to avoid double handling. Incorporates existing floor inventory to minimize partial pallets of empty glass. Arranges trailers for truck drivers so glass is available for all shifts. Ensures a supply of knockdowns are on hand for use by Bottling and Shipping when damage occurs.
- Monitors and enforces all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Provides leadership to the safety program for the Receiving department through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents.
- Trains and supervises Receiving employees to improve skills and performance. Evaluates employee performance and skill level to determine skill improvement needs and develops improvement plans to address. Creates and develops a personal development plan with Operations Manager to improve my skills/competencies.
- Supervise the receipt and unloading of various bottling materials including closures, labels, bottles, and adhesives and also supervise receipt of goods for other departments. Verify accuracy of shipment against shipping documents as freight is unloaded; document and investigate discrepancies. Ensure information is recorded accurately in company systems to update inventory records. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Meet internal and external customer requirements by ensuring that daily deliveries are verified, material inventory records are up to date and information is communicated in a timely manner to ensure no loss of production due to materials not received. Provide exceptional customer service by serving as a professional and friendly point of contact between vendors/truck drivers and The Glenmore Distillery.
- Set up and implement the company's MRP system in order to maintain accurate and timely inventory and MRP records to support materials replenishment activities, government reporting, and A/P. Lead MRP process and use MRP software to release glass, PET, and closures to support the bottling schedule. Analyze component inventories and correct discrepancies. Direct component cycle count and physical inventory processes and post resulting transactions.
- Prepare various month end reports to include materials loss report. Enter the receipt of materials into System 21 accurately and on a timely basis.
- Manage recyclables including cardboard, plastic and pallets. Arrange for and supervise removal from the plant.
- Provides leadership to Receiving Department employees in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensure employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment when each employee is encouraged to make a difference.
- Understands career goals for employees and works with them to develop skills that will help them meet their career goals. Creates and executes a personal Career Development Plan with Operations Manager.
- 3 years relevant experience (minimum)
- Associates degree in a business related field
- Requires Experience in Alcohol Beverage Industry or CPG overall
- Requires Experience managing in a union environment
- Requires Supervisory experience