Recent Grad Electrical Engineer
ND Paper, a leading paper product manufacturer in the US with approx. $1 billion annual sales, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, with $10 billion annual sales. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. Our fourth mill in Old Town, ME produces softwood kraft pulp. We are proud of our 1400 dedicated employees, who together produce more than 1.2 million short tons of pulp & paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team. The Electrical Engineer will work under the direction of the E/I Reliability Supervisor. This is a full-time salaried position. The hours of the position will be 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing pro-active reliability solutions as well as tracking equipment failures and designing solutions that will eliminate or reduce future failures. This person also works with the E/I crews to diagnose and resolve immediate issues with multiple systems. Capital engineering support for numerous capital projects.
- Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work
- Working with area E/I personnel to diagnose and repair issues.
- Identifying predictive maintenance needs for planned outages including motors (AC and DC), starters, power systems, etc.
- Facilitating area predictive/preventative maintenance programs in SAP.
- Utilizing TAPROOT system for root cause failure analysis and formally document when applicable.
- Identifying and developing an engineered solution to repetitive failures.
- Working with area E/I supervisor and/or planner on day to day and long term issues that require engineered solutions.
- Working with area specialist on drive or instrumentation issues.
- Applying and expanding new technology and industry learning’s toward the work of equipment and process reliability improvement.
- Capital project engineering to support numerous capital improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent training and/or experience.
- Prior high voltage, utilities, paper machine or pulp mill experience a plus.
Attributes for Success
- Hard work – tackle each task with determination, passion and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to successfully complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence – strive to consistently exceed expectations in our day-to-day work and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with upmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency – drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
- Adaptability – be fluid with ND Paper’s continuous evolution while driving change in a fast-paced environment, equipped with the ability to acclimate quickly.
- Servant Leadership – set an example by implementing meaningful leadership with heart, empathy, foresight and stewardship.
No unsolicited resumes - ND Paper does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume you submit to us will immediately become the property of ND Paper. If you would like to become a recruiter for ND Paper, please contact us and we will agree in writing to terms and the specific job roles for which you are authorized to recruit.