Recovery / Cogen Boiler Operator 60K – 91K
ND Paper, a leading paper product manufacturer in the US with approx. $1 billion annual sales, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, with $10 billion annual sales. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. Our fourth mill in Old Town, ME produces softwood kraft pulp. We are proud of our 1400 dedicated employees, who together produce more than 1.2 million short tons of pulp & paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Boiler Operator to join our team.
The Recovery Boiler Operator will work under the direction of the Utilities Plant Management team. This is a full-time hourly position. The hours of the position will be 12 hour rotating shift work.
Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work.
Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely
Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly
Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems
Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work
Investigate and report on accidents
Receive instructions from steam engineers regarding steam plant and air compressor operations
- 4th Class Stationary Steam or higher license required prior to commencing employment with the willingness to progress to a higher level Stationary Steam License
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent operating 2+years experience in Boiler operations
- Power Engineering
- Marine Engineering – Pulp and Paper background preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work in hot environments
- Ability to meet physical requirements associated with position
- Must possess independent decision making and critical thinking skills
- Must possess good mechanical and electrical systems aptitude
- Willingness to progress through the line of promotion to become a Lead Operator in the Cogen or Recovery Departments
- Willingness to work Shift Work
- Proficiency with computer systems
- 12 hour, rotating shift work required
- Job Type: Full-time earning 60K-91K annually
Attributes for Success
- Hard work – tackle each task with determination, passion and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to successfully complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence – strive to consistently exceed expectations in our day-to-day work and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with upmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency – drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
- Adaptability – be fluid with ND Paper’s continuous evolution while driving change in a fast-paced environment, equipped with the ability to acclimate quickly.
- Servant Leadership – set an example by implementing meaningful leadership with heart, empathy, foresight and stewardship.
No unsolicited resumes - ND Paper does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume you submit to us will immediately become the property of ND Paper. If you would like to become a recruiter for ND Paper, please contact us and we will agree in writing to terms and the specific job roles for which you are authorized to recruit.