Par Hawaii Refining, LLC
WHO WE ARE:
Par Pacific is a growth-oriented company that owns and operates market-leading energy and infrastructure businesses in logistically-complex markets. Par Pacific combines experience in the oil and gas industry with corporate financing know-how. We bring this unique strength to complex markets where we seek out diamonds in the rough. As a nimble, entrepreneurial organization, we actively pursue new opportunities in response to local market demands and changing external environments.
Reporting to the Inspection Supervisor, this position is responsible for conducting all inspections and non-destructive testing activities on process and storage equipment in their area of responsibility. This role is responsible compliance and application of codes, standards, and procedures during all inspections.
As part of your specific responsibilities, in the following areas, you will:
- Perform inspections on refinery equipment.
- Perform jurisdiction-required inspections and obtain operating permits as mandated.
- Analyze inspection results to determine remaining life, inspection frequencies and identify deficiencies.
- Enter inspection results in the inspection database.
- Enter upcoming inspections and inspection requirements into SAP.
- Recommend repairs, replacements, metallurgical and non-metallurgical improvements.
- Generate detailed reports, inspection plans and repair plans.
- Maintain detailed records of fabrications, inspections, alterations, and repairs.
- Be assigned areas of responsibility or specific pressure equipment to perform regulatory and/or compliance inspections.
- Be expected to take call and work outside of schedule as needed.
- Instruct and train helpers that may be assigned to him/her to complete a work project.
- Utilize risk-based inspection approach to plan inspection work as part of normal maintenance and turnaround.
- Coordinate and schedule NDE personnel as required.
- Need to have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Need to be available for off island travel as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Full-time position at a Growth-Oriented Energy Company
- Work in a collaborative environment where strong communication and relationship building skills are essential. We’re better together and are creating a cohesive, high-impact group, rather than a hierarchy
- Enjoy a 9/80 work schedule where every other Friday off allows for work-life balance
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Refinery Inspector opportunity, you will have:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Formal or informal education related to inspection, or NDE
- 5+ Years inspection experience in oil refineries
- Experience working with NDE personnel and knowledgeable in the various methods.
- Experience working with welders, general knowledge of welding methods, weld types, and welding defects.
- A current API 570 certification required.
- API 510 Certification or NBIC required.
- API 653 experience preferred.
- Risk Based Inspection experience preferred.
- Autocad experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a National Board Commission within 6 months of starting employment.
- Strong candidates will meet the above requirements and have other credentials such as API RP580, RP571, RP577, CWI, NACE, or ASNT level III certifications.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good Reasons to work for Par:
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- a niche player in the energy space that operates in logistically complex markets. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is in the Kapolei (Campbell Industrial Park). Located on the southwest side of O’ahu, Kapolei, named for the volcanic cone Pu’u of Kapolei, is colloquially known as the “second city.”. It is a vibrant, affluent city that is growing rapidly and is within a few miles from beautiful beaches, camp sites and adventure parks.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Keys to Success
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional development.
In addition, in order to be a successful Refinery Inspector, you will:
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of safety and environmental and how it contributes to the health and safety of employees, customers, contractors, vendors, and the environment; able to analyze risks, exposure and/or root causes. Takes action to prevent and resolve safety and environmental concerns.
- Delivers operational excellence by planning, organizing, and owning work assignments from start to finish. Completes required inspections by their due date. Commitment to communication and transparency.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make quick decisions. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- Be able to write clearly and communicate effectively.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure businesses with attractive competitive positions. We own and operate refineries in Hawaii, Washington and Wyoming, with total operating throughput capacity of over 150 Mbpd. We own and operate one of the largest energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a logistics network supplying the major islands of the state. In Wyoming, Par Pacific owns a refinery and associated logistics network in a niche market. We operate 123 fuel retail outlets in Hawaii, Washington, and Idaho. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol "PARR".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.ID:uDnQdo