Regional Agronomy Associate
Agtegra Cooperative is headquartered in Aberdeen, South Dakota, and is one of the nation’s largest locally-owned agricultural cooperatives. It is owned by over 6,800 farmers and ranchers, predominantly in North and South Dakota, with a network of over 70 locations and over 850 employees.
At Agtegra, our mission is simple: ‘Do something great for my farm and family that nobody else will do.’ To accomplish this, Agtegra offers diverse career opportunities where employees can grow and work in their local communities. Your personal and professional needs matter here – which is why we offer a variety of competitive benefits to employees, including healthcare and retirement, generous paid-time-off (PTO), family leave, and a clothing allowance just to name a few. It’s not just a job at Agtegra – it’s a place where we invite all employees to Start Here. Grow Here.
Regional Agronomy Associate will assist the Regional Agronomy Sales Manager with direct customers and sales, precision technology, crop scouting, assisting with crop nutrition, seed, crop protection and agronomic practices recommendations in the Bowdle, Faulkton, and Hague area. Work with sales agronomists, managers and agronomy team on region focused initiatives. Build, grow and prospect agronomic and business relationships with customers.
- Build lasting relationships and form mutual trust with new and current customers to understand their needs.
- Possesses a “can do” attitude and outgoing personality.
- Develop a business plan by customer that demonstrates the best crop production practices to maximize yield.
- Fully understand, promote, and help to achieve the Ag Technology and Region Agronomy Strategic Plan
- Promote and support MZB, Management Zone Based System
- Understand and promote the goods and services provided by the Innovation Center technical team and encourage cross selling opportunities between agronomy sales and the Innovation Center teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot growers monitors and ag technology with knowledge of the products
- Develops a strong working relationship with location managers and Agtegra Cooperative agronomy team to maximize customer service and teamwork.
- Examines results of crop production studies to discover and enhance characteristics such as yield, quality, adaptation to specific soils or climates, and resistance to diseases and pests.
- Fully demonstrate and responsible for crop scouting reports assigned to specific customers
- Demonstrates full knowledge of and enforces the cooperative’s credit policy.
- Maintains company facilities, personal workspace, company equipment, and company vehicles; performing cleaning and maintenance to maintain a clean and safe environment for customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to all safety regulations, requirements, policies, and procedures, including OSHA regulations, the Vehicle Policy and Fleet Safety Program, and DOT regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 Year Agronomy/Precision/Business Focused Degree
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- English Proficiency
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator.
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- (1) year of sales experience in the agronomic industry in seed, crop protection/nutrients
- Crop Advisor Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Agtegra Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.