Regional All-Source Analyst, South Asia (Mid-level)
Applied Research Assocs., Inc.
The Capital Area Division (CAD) of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA)has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Regional All-Source Analyst, South Asia (Mid-Level) with experience characterizing and forecasting the strategic forces and nuclear programs of India and Pakistan. This position routinely provides defense planners and operators with timely and accurate characterizations of South Asian nuclear security dynamics, strategic forces, and weapons-related S&T developments. The right candidate will have recent experience (within the last 3 years) producing analytic products associated with South Asian strategic forces and modernization, regional nuclear security and vulnerability dynamics, and/or asymmetric and emerging chemical, biological, nuclear, and radiological threats. This candidate will generate recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other analytic documents. This person will collaborate with the Intelligence Community, Defense Department, national labs, and academia to address South Asia-related threat issues. As a Regional All-Source Analyst, you will contribute to and leads multi-functional analytic teams, maintains extensive understanding of relevant regional trends and developments, and recommends courses-of-action to counter specific threats. The position also devises, evaluates, and recommends new methodologies and analytical tools that are tailored to CWMD analytic and planning problem sets.
- BS or BA degree in political science, international relations, history, or related field and tangible intelligence analysis experience.
- 5+ years of experience with intelligence analysis, including employing multi-INT databases to develop analytic assessments and briefings.
- Recent experience (within the last 3 years) producing analytic products associated with South Asian strategic forces and modernization, regional nuclear security and vulnerability dynamics, and/or asymmetric and emerging chemical, biological, nuclear, and radiological threats.
- Experience producing products that demonstrate how regional proliferation and procurement activities and networks contribute to the global WMD environment.
- Expertise characterizing the South Asian political, military, and economic environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency supporting CWMD and counterproliferation planning, exercises, and operations.
- Proficiency utilizing and teaching network analysis and intelligence-related tools and databases (M3, TAC, TIDE, Analyst Notebook, Palantir, MIDB/NPW, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate complex analyses and assessments to Defense/Military decision-makers, planners, and mission entities.
- Working familiarity with established Intelligence Community directives, standards, and tradecraft documents.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Advanced degree and/or specialized coursework in South Asia-related studies and/or national security, counterproliferation, intelligence-related fields.
- Practical understanding of historical crises and escalation scenarios between India and Pakistan.
- Proficiency developing intelligence support plans, requirements, and products that directly enable CWMD operational planning and WMD pathway defeat.
- Familiarity with DTRA and its support to DoD, Services, and Combatant Commands.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1200 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership fosters greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Regional All-Source Analyst, South Asia (Mid-Level) position.ID:uDnQdo