Regional Business Director – New England
Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Pacira BioSciences, Inc. is a leading provider of non-opioid pain management and regenerative health solutions dedicated to improving outcomes for health care practitioners and their patients. Our in-depth knowledge of non-opioid pain management, coupled with our passion for advancing patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results.
Why work with us?
Rarely do you have an opportunity to do work that really matters. What drives us is our mission. What makes us successful are our people. At Pacira, you are part of an inclusive culture that fosters collaboration, growth, and innovative thinking - a place where you can make an impact and help change the standard of care in non-opioid pain management. Be part of our movement, let’s pursue excellence together.
The Regional Business Director will lead the Hospital sales specialty team for their Region, managing Sales Specialists in promoting and selling healthcare products to Institutional based healthcare providers. The Regional Business Director will be responsible for working with the Marketing and Commercial organizations in development and execution of the sales strategy and serve as a key information holder regarding the marketplace and thus, be able to react appropriately to that market as needed. They will also be responsible for delivering on all contractual obligations as agreed to by the client and Pacira.
- Management & leadership of sales personnel in assigned Region
- Work with key stakeholders in hospitals and health systems to ensure access to Pacira products
- Hires, develops and oversees the work of a team of direct reports
- Ensures Region meets/exceeds sales goals and targets
- Leads Regional and territory business planning
- Sets and monitors divisional operating and expense budgets to ensure compliance and optimal use of resources
- Continuously tracks, monitors and reports on sales performance and progress
- Works closely with Hospital specialists in the field; helping to optimize use of resources and maximize achievement of sales goals and targets
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Pacira activities
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
- Minimum BA/BS from an accredited college or university, MBA or other related graduate-level degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the hospital selling environment. OR experience preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of successful pharmaceutical, biologic/biotech, or medical device sales experience
- Minimum of 4 years Sales Management experience and a proven track record of success in the pharmaceutical or device market consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals
- Prior Experience with Injectable products
- Prior surgical suite experience a plus
- Prior experience with pain products preferred
- Previous experience Selling “Elastomeric bags” a plus
- Previous pharmaceutical/biotech/or related product marketing or similar experience is preferred
- Previous account management or other Managed Care experience is a plus
- Knowledge of how to navigate the formulary process
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, and coach sales representatives to success
- Proven ability to display Region leadership, performance management, and career planning
- Proven track record and ability to execute Sales and Marketing plans at the Region level
- Flexibility to learn new products quickly and assist representatives with the same
- Knowledge and experience to communicate and train the selling process
- Initiative & execution oriented
- Excellent English oral, written, and platform presentation communication skills
- Strong work ethic and customer focus orientation
- Cross-functional teamwork with key stakeholders within the organization is required.
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account with Company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health Resources
- Disability Coverage
- Life insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Fertility and Maternity Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) and 11 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
The base pay range for this role in CT, RI and NY is $147,200 per year to $193,200 per year.
The range is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role. The range considers a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to: geographic markets, business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience, training, licensure, and certifications.