Regional Engineering Director
GSK Consumer Healthcare
Upper Providence, PA
GSK is one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support new GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organization.
Are you energized by a highly visible Engineering Director role that provides strategic leadership for the engineering function in a regional portfolio of sites? If so, this Regional Engineering Director role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Regional Engineering Director, you will be accountable for all engineering support and services in the portfolio, delivering to the Commercial and R&D footprint across Pharma, Vaccines and ViiV. Currently we have over £100 M in capital projects over the next three years focused on EHS/Life Safety, Business Continuity and Pipeline projects within our R&D facilities. You will play an important part in the execution and delivery of the capital portfolio as well as ensure we remain compliant with our engineering standards across the sites.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Implement strategy, policy, and standards to deliver key WREF contracts across the region in the areas of engineering and capital projects.
- Organize WREF Americas engineering staff to ensure effective deployment of initiatives and ways of working across all sites
- Support the development and management of a risk-based regional capital program in partnership with Capital Program CoE (Center of Excellence) and Site Operations to ensure all capital investments are delivered with the required technical specification, capacity, schedule, and cost. Intent is to ensure timely investments to prevent life safety, GMP or regulatory issues.
- Manage the creation and upkeep of Facility Master Plans that will be maintained for each site (with consideration for three-to-five year out capital investment plans supported by appropriate cost estimates).
- Accountable for ensuring thorough due diligence is completed for all GSK facilities that are to be integrated into the region. Develop solutions for service delivery, act as the key facilities management stakeholder and/or contributor to facilities services tender processes when seeking to appoint external third-party service providers and complete integration in regional portfolio.
- Uphold and ensure compliance with internal GSK policies, standards, procedures, alerts, and relevant external regulatory requirements with respect to Quality, Statutory and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements. engineering function and activities ensure the sites are always a safe place to work and ‘inspection ready’.
- Accountable for ensuring that GSK Global Engineering Standards and EHS Policies are deployed and used as part of Capital and Site Minor Works project design. Partner with FM CoE and Service Partners to ensure proper creation and upkeep of record drawings at the sites, develop standards for proper commissioning testing of equipment/systems and creation of standard design specifications for electrical, HVAC and other large systems at major sites in the region
- Accountable for the development, direction, and management of Engineering staff in the region with consideration for a proper pipeline of diverse technical capabilities to enable succession planning within the region.
- Ensure comprehensive Energy Management, Carbon Impact and Utility Cost Reduction Plans are developed and implemented with specific energy consumption target reductions agreed with the Site Operations Directors and are aligned with GSK’s overall objectives in this area.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 8+ years’ experience in an operations or Engineering leadership role.
- Program Management or PMO experience required.
- Experience leading a team of technical SMEs (Subject Matter Experts).
- Knowledge of Facilities Management (FM)
- Knowledge of the Research & Development process and GxP requirements.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- Experience delivering and managing Capital Projects across a region.
- Experience managing cost centres, and working with OPEX, CAPEX and P&L.
- Experience partnering with senior executives and managers in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Experience using strategic techniques.
- Experience ensuring team compliance.
We make and supply medicines and vaccines all around the globe and our teams own every production stage, from creating quality products at our manufacturing sites to designing effective supply forecasting and regulatory inspections; all powered by digital, data and analytics. We operate at impressive scale, producing over 1.7 billion packs of medicine and 767 vaccine doses in 2021.
We continue to modernise, so we can launch even more new products at speed whilst turbo-charging delivery across our entire portfolio through our relentless focus on quality, safety, and service. The way we work will change. For some, the shift in technology and products will be revolutionary. Our R&D pipeline demands a new kind of supply chain, and we need the very best minds and capability to help us on our journey to make more complex products, harnessing the power of automation and robotics so we can work smarter together.
Find out more:
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.