Regional Philanthropy Senior Officer, Corporate
American Red Cross
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The Regional Philanthropy Senior Officer will identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective regional private foundation donors in expanding their financial support of the work of the American Red Cross. Manage assigned portfolio of donors, sponsors and prospects to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue a goals. As required, serve as operational resource to less experienced team members to ensure consistent and effective implementation of donor development plans. May lead team in planning and implementing fundraising strategies. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
Candidates can work anywhere in the Connecticut and Rhode Island Region of American Red Cross. This is a hybrid work position which includes a mix of virtual and in-office work. The position also requires travel for face-to-face meetings with donors, staff and other constituents.
Successful candidates will highlight experience with private foundations and grant writing. This position does not supervise any staff.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD:
1. Develop and execute ongoing Regional strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Work collaboratively with other departments and fundraising staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect. May lead team in planning and implementing fundraising strategies.
2. Manage assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks. Solicit assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters.
3. Implement a program/activity to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $5,000 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross. Work with leadership volunteers to identify and cultivate appropriate donors and partner with assigned Gift Planning staff to solicit giving prospects among identified donors. Update donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce.com following donor contacts. May lead team(s) in planning and executing against prospecting development programs.
4. Participate in disaster relief fundraising projects as appropriate. May oversee and have responsibility for staff development.
5. Recruit, develop and work with field staff and volunteers.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of fundraising leadership experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Requires frequent travel within the Region. Occasional travel within the Division.
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). Ability to work on a team within a collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service orientation.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE EDGE:
- Knowledge of current trends in philanthropy
- Strong grant writing skills
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
• Medical, Dental Vision plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO + Holidays
• 401K with 5% match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and recognition
• Pay for Performance
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of RightsID:uDnQdo