Regional Quality Assurance Manager
As a Quality Engineer you will implement business processes; Failure Mode Analysis (FMEA’s). Reporting directly to the CEO of PPG Advanced Surface Technologies investigating quality problems discovered by customers and lead problem solving teams to determine cause and develop corrective actions to prevent future reoccurrences will be a focal point. You will also develop and implement quality methodologies to transform the workspace from a reactionary organization to an organization. PPG Advanced Surface Technologies designs, produces and commercialize different film technologies including paint protection films and paint films for different uses including Automotive OEM and Automotive aftermarket applications.
PPG Advanced Surface Technologies has presence in the US and European region with sites in Ohio and Stuttgart, Germany respectively.
· Investigate supplier issues and collaborate with them to improve their quality.
· Manage the raw material change management process to reduce risk of supplier notified changes on existing product quality.
· Analyze processes to identify problem situations; review facts and create solutions using operational and engineering guidelines, procedures, regulations, industry standards and past successes.
· Collaborate with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Production, Engineering, and other departments to resolve issues.
· Monitor quality performance data, used to track progress to goals and to lead cause corrective action; involve other tasks and assist each team with actions to increase performance improvements.
· Use fact-based decision-making process including 6 Sigma, Lean and other forms of statistical problem-solving tools.
· Provide training to individuals whose work affects quality issues in the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS).
· Participate in internal audits, corrective action program and continuous improvement events providing hands-on support.
· Develop error proofing strategy, process capability Analysis.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
· Minimum of 3 years of experience within a technical quality field or an equivalent environment.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment
· Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA).
· Domestic and international travel required, 70%
#Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401KID:uDnQdo