Regional Safety Manager
Valicor Environmental, LLC
REGIONAL SAFETY MANAGER
Valicor Environmental Services is looking for a Regional Safety Manager to work in our Central/Gulf Region. This includes Texas, Missouri, Colorado, Tennessee, Alabama, and Arkansas. This is an in-office position located in Dallas or St. Louis.
This position will serve both our Centralized Wastewater Treatment facilities and environmental services group.
- Development of regional safety strategy that aligns with the strategic objectives of the company.
- Conduct safety audits, inspections, and investigations
- Facilitate and conduct training and safety meetings
- Assess and develop safety programs in partnership with Operations Team to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety-related regulations, and other environmental health, safety, and loss prevention standards.
- Serve as a strategic partner in the implementation of company initiatives and development of policies, standards, practices, and procedures.
- Support local initiatives to drive the safety culture and support the company’s “safety first” philosophy.
- Partners with the company’s operations personnel in the development of effective risk control strategies to reduce and eliminate exposures to loss.
- Monitor progress, ensure delivery of, and facilitate key training programs including but not limited to new hire, refresher and management training in the areas of safety/proactive risk management.
Our Minimum Requirements for this Position:
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field (Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Relevant training and/or certifications in safety and OSHA programs.
- Environmental Services experience including industrial, waste and emergency response is required.
- Must be familiar with OSHA HAZWOPER regulations and the application of those principals in a field setting.
- Must be available for afterhours calls and/or responses for high hazard operations.
- Able to complete a HAZMAT/Respiratory Medical Evaluation.
- This position will require up to 40% travel.
You are a Good Fit for Valicor if you can:
- Maintain company mission and core values
- Work independently or in a team environment
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Use good interpersonal skills
Headquartered in Monroe, Ohio. Valicor is the largest provider of non-hazardous wastewater treatment services in North America. Leveraging its extensive fleet of tankers and a network of strategically located centralized wastewater treatment (“CWT”) facilities, the Company transports and processes diverse wastewater streams that result from the manufacture of industrial and consumer goods. The Company’s mission-critical services allow customers to meet federal, state, and local regulations by safely and responsibly disposing of oily water, leachate, soaps, line flush waste, and similar waste streams and it also provides a diverse set of landfill solidification, product destruction, and retail oil services. As an ISO 14001 certified organization, Valicor takes great pride in its environmental compliance process.
Valicor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.