Regional Sales Manager – Helicopter Program – Northeast US – REMOTE
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Helicopter Programs - Northeast / Midwest US
Location: Remote; Ideal candidate should reside in Northeast US (preferred)
Purpose of the role:
Serves as a primary sector representative responsible for the sale of assigned products and services within Northeast or Midwest US regions for the Helicopter Division. Responsible for meeting planned sales volumes, market penetration and profitability objectives. Develops and maintains customer accounts, implements sales strategies, presents new concepts, and ensures optimal sales service. Manages approved sales agents. Coordinates across the Sector and Corporation for customer relations, internal teaming and supporting corporate objectives.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- In conjunction with the Sales Director and the Segment Business Developer, determines sales territory strategy and qualifies potential prospects.
- Conducts sales calls, prepares and performs product delivery presentations, provides product support, and performs other sales and marketing functions as needed. Coordinates sales effort with the segment/sector team and relevant BU personnel.
- Establishes, maintains and develops business relationships with customers and potential customers to optimize customer base profit.
- Provides feedback to Operations and the segment/sector team to assist with qualification of customer needs and the organization’s ability to serve those needs
- Coordinates and manages the relationship between the organization and the approved intermediary of the company as required; owns Sales Intermediary selection, negotiation, and agreements. Responsible for developing the skills of and keeping the intermediary up-to-date on technical matters, compliance regulations, and corporate policy.
- Completes induction information for each customer transaction in conjunction with Customer Service Representatives and Customer Program Representatives as assigned.
- Maintains the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) database.
- Attends industry trade shows, sales meetings, marketing workshops and other special events as required. Hosts and coordinates customer visits.
- Manages transactional costs and margins by applying a thorough knowledge of market segment cost drivers.
- Conducts internal and external engagements, prepares and performs product delivery presentations, provides product support, and performs other sales and marketing functions as needed.
- Ensures responsive actions for inquiries and provides proposals or options for service and/or sales required to meet customers’ needs. Expedites the resolution of customer’s problems/complaints, where applicable.
- Contributes to the development of strategic business plans and marketing initiatives and the preparation of sales forecasts, budgets, quotes and other projections.
- Keeps abreast of products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
- Provides management with oral and written reports on customer meetings, needs, concerns, interests, market situation, competitive activities and potential for new products and/or services.
- Carries out special projects to include continuous improvement/new bid opportunities as assigned.
- Adherence to our corporate and government business compliance, and Company Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service skills
- Extensive aviation MRO sales experience, preferably in Northeast and or Midwest US
- Understanding of the Aviation MRO, aviation customers, MRO market dynamics and the needs of the particular customers for engine MRO solutions
- Thorough product knowledge of helicopter and/ or military turbine engine variants
- Thorough knowledge of company production processes and of the levers available to various functional groups to maximize sales, service and margin
- Working knowledge of PC's and sales/marketing computer information systems
- College diploma in business administration or engineering technology; or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Key interfaces with:
- Sector Vice President, Strategy and Business Development
- Sector Military Business Development Team members
- Sector VP/GMs
- Other Senior Management Team members
- Program Managers
- External Suppliers
- Service Providers
- Project Managers
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or engineering technology or other related fields is preferred
- Mature sales or MRO engineering or management experience in a relevant role in government and/or industry