Regional Sales Manager – Mid-Atlantic Region
Position Summary: The Sales Manager is responsible for managing and growing business of an existing portfolio of ABEC accounts within a defined geography while also prospecting, qualifying, developing, and signing new accounts.
This position is a new addition to our sales team.
Applicants need to reside within a reasonable distance of our Bethlehem, PA location.
Mid Atlantic Region territory states include: PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, VA, WV, OH, KY
Company Background: ABEC is a leading supplier to the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry. ABEC's unique value is based on combining long experience with the ability to engineer, design, manufacture, commission, qualify, and service the entire bioprocess to reduce overall cost, shorten time to market, and maximize productivity. ABEC's products include process and equipment engineering/consulting services, comprehensive site services, bioreactors and fermenters, filtration and chromatography systems, prep and hold systems, and cleaning/sterilization systems.
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (benefits start day 1)
- Company paid life insurance
- Generous 401K plan (40% match)
- College tuition benefit program
- Employee Referral Program
- Exceed all activity standard for prospecting, meetings, presentations, proposals, and closed business.
- Initiate and coordinate the development of action plans to grow market share.
- Identify, qualify, and develop new business opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales opportunity and account strategies.
- Work with ABEC business unit Managers to qualify, develop, and close opportunities.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other offices to drive activity/results through the leveraging and consistent application of corporate best practice sales processes and initiatives.
- Arrange sales calls, understand competitor activity, coordinate presentations and proposals.
- Provide regular reporting of activities including forecasts and call reports.
- Providing input and analysis of market and industry trends.
- Monitors competition activity as appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and establishes critical professional networks.
- Maintains customer and territory knowledge.
- Maintain high levels of client satisfaction through relationship building activities.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Execute other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management.
- 4 Year degree in Science, Engineering, or Business plus a proven record of successful consultative sales experience, including strategic selling and negotiation. Successful related work experience in a services industry may be considered.
- Three to five years’ experience selling within the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry or experience with outside direct sales success using consultative and solution-oriented sales approaches.
- Knowledge in one or all of the following industries: Engineering, manufacturing, biopharmaceuticals.
- Ability to call on and influence the decision makers in an organization for the areas represented (operations, quality, business unit, product development, procurement, engineering, etc.).
- Demonstrated success working in fast-paced, highly competitive, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work cross functionally within the ABEC organization to achieve results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Minimal 2 years’ experience utilizing CRM software.