Sugar Land, TX
Job DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This position has oversight of a specific area and acts as a representative of the department ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Architectural Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs complex architectural assignments, evaluates, selects and applies advanced architectural techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
• Translate global strategic initiatives into procedures to be implemented on projects
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques and develop the most cost-effective total project solution for the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
• Develop estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements• Accredited professional architectural degree based on country requirements and ten (10) years of work-related experience; professional architectural registration; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Preferred Qualifications• Off-shore experience a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials, means and methods of construction
• Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
• Managing and leading a large project
• Project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting, and project close-out
• Practical field experience
• Professional architectural registration
• Membership and active participation in external technical society
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
• Ability to use discipline specific software may be required
Other Job Requirements• Able to produce specifications, perform Code Analyses, write / review scopes of work and develop building details.
• Registered in at least one US state, ideally with NCARB certification.
• Capable of working with multiple teams.
• Able to use Revit, SketchUp and AutoCAD for mark up, review and modifications.
• Experience in Industrial and commercial projects required.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.