Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
The Reliability Engineer provides reliability engineering leadership and support for the site. This position focuses on enhancing equipment reliability through analysis and day-to-day troubleshooting of failed equipment. The engineer is responsible for assessing the quality, robustness, and capability of the equipment within the processes through KPI’s, and given metrics. The reliability engineer conducts analysis of reliability problems utilizing RCM methods, considering cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs and availability of materials/equipment.
- Lead and manage, RCA program for equipment issues.
- Help define PdM technologies that will be deployed on critical equipment to address failure modes.
- Monitor and take action on condition monitoring results provided by the PdM group..
- Develop and approve PM Optimization mitigation strategies working with PM Planners.
- Develops the Asset Risk Management Strategy – Equipment Maintenance Plan
- Develops and manages the PdM/NDT process for the purpose of the early identification and elimination of asset defects
- Responsible for changes to the Equipment Maintenance Plan based on analysis of asset failure data
- Work within the assigned area to ensure integrity of data in the CMMS.
- Supports monitoring and improvement of MTBF and MTTR on production equipment.
- Performs cost/benefit analysis to set correct frequency of task(s)
- Ensures use of Condition Monitoring information is included in turn-around the master plan decision making process
- Assists Maintenance Engineer with reliability analysis to improve machinery performance and reliability based on analysis of process and failure data
- Responsible to perform statistical analysis on machinery failure data and work order closing codes to determine whether adjustments to the Engineered Maintenance Strategy are warranted
- Develops specific procedures for verification of an assets fitness for return to service
- Develops specific operational procedure changes to help mitigate future system failures
- Responsible for the design and management of the asset criticality database and the failure modes criticality database
- Develops and utilizes specific metrics for the process, system, asset and component reliability
- Supports new equipment Design for Reliability
- Reviews and/or develops machinery modification plans to deal with single-point failure scenarios
- Responsible for performing quantitative analysis on new projects/strategies and determining project/strategies viability based on corporate values and standards
- Analyzes process and/or failure data to determine the need for improved craft skills
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years’ experience in an industrial reliability maintenance role preferred
- Proficient computer skills
- Project management experience and good organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Lift up to 35 pounds
- Visual acuity, clear speech & hearing ability, cognitive ability, hand/eye coordination
- Walking, climbing stairs and occasional ladders, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting to perform the essential functions of this position; along with sitting for extended periods of time
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and vision to safely fulfill all in-plant job requirements
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions and in industrial environment around hot, noisy process equipment
- Pass required background check, physical examination and drug screens