Rental Field Technician
J. A. Riggs Tractor Co.
The Rental Field Service Technician is responsible for providing high quality repair service on equipment, in order to respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed. Experience working independently on multiple brands is a key quality to excel in this position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Use hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools, instruments and laptops.
- Understand basic manuals, schematics, and parts books and installation instructions.
- Maintain basic working knowledge of engine and compressor systems.
- Troubleshoot systems for errors.
- Mastery level knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment
- Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and re-do metric.
- Work safely and follow all Riggs safety policies and procedures.
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web, BMTS) accurately and timely.
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume as required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; and Order processing systems.
- Clean driving record for field assignment
- Must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field vehicle
- May be required to complete DOT physical
- May require MSHA certification
- Flexibility to work various schedules
- Experience with the following brands are a plus: Caterpillar, Genie, JLG, LS Tractor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 95%. This is a remote work position assigned to a designated territory.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)