Rental Service Inspector
Warren CAT Power Systems
TEAM UP WITH US!
The Rental Service Equipment Inspector supports rental management and rental service staff with inspections, quoting, and customer management.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Performs pre-service inspections on all Warren CAT rental machines arriving at Warren CAT locations for service and repairs .
- Performs pre service operational tests on Warren CAT rental machines being service and repaired.
- Properly documents all pre and post repair inspections on the correct forms and in the proper systems.
- Prepares damage quotes, pictures and documentation to rental service supervisor.
- Effectively communicates inspection findings to the Rental Service Management Team.
- Assists in repair/maintenance, research, and quote preparation based on inspection results.
- Assists the service management team with training new employees on the safe operation and inspection process of CAT and allied equipment.
- Communicates with customer and/or insurance representative for dispute resolution over damage invoicing, acting as liaison or WCAT Rental Representative.
- Other duties may be assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Solid understanding of CAT equipment from the mechanical and operational view point
· 5-10 years of CAT and allied equipment experience
· Ability to assess all types of damages; Understand the extent of damages caused as well as provide fair and equitable time frames for repairs; assess and provide estimate for all parts needed to complete repairs and bring machines back up to Rent ready standards.
· Ability to recognize machine problems and failures on the products that they inspect for trade and purchase, including power train knowledge, structural knowledge, the ability to measure undercarriage, etc.
· Highly proficient in machine and engine maintenance with complete understanding of CAT and allied equipment.
WHY WORK WITH US?
· We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
· We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
· Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
· Strong mechanical aptitude with knowledge of general machine operation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Required travel up to 10%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.