Rescue Tech – Part Time
Total Safety is looking for a Rescue Technician to join their safety conscious team! The Rescue Technician provides technical rescue standby for customer projects including confined space rescue and technical rope rescue, as well as first aid and CPR. Assists in assessing risks, readying rescue equipment, and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices in compliance with client’s standards. In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport.
About Total Safety
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management. Our Core Values are People, Safety & Wellbeing, Accountability, Responsibility, Empowerment, Honesty, Transparency, and Integrity.
- Assists in assessing potential hazards and drafts a Confined Space Rescue Preplan and a Rescue Safety Analysis (RSA). Identifies and communicates potential hazards to all affected parties. Determines hazard controls and emergency contingency plans and ensures that required safety equipment and PPE is readily available and in good working order.
- May conduct general air quality monitoring and make recommendations for hazard control or personal protective equipment based on the interpretation of this data.
- Conducts daily job briefings with customers and workers.
- Performs on-going monitoring of job conditions and equipment resources and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor to assure both worker and team safety is always maintained.
- Completes daily ICS (Incident Command System) reports.
- In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport. Renders first aid and CPR to the level of training.
- Follows handling, inspection, cleaning, and preventative maintenance guidelines for all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness.
- Maintains and accurately inventories and documents all rescue related equipment.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- 2 years of relevant rescue experience required.
- Confined Space Entrant/Attendant Certification, Healthcare Provider CPR, First Aid with AED, First Responder or better preferred, Haz-whopper, 4 Gas Monitor Operation Training, Familiar with OSHA Atmosphere Limitation, and Proven Proficiency in Rescue Operations.
- Ability to inspect, clean and perform preventative maintenance on all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness.
- Combination of office and field/production environments.
- Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- Travel to and from customer sites 75% of time.
High School diploma or GED.
Total Safety and its subsidiaries afford equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. Total Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer.ID:uDnQdo