Research Associate Scientist I- In vivo- Oncology Drug Discovery Unit
Bio-Life Plasma, LLC
About the role:
The Oncology Drug Discovery Unit (ODDU) is looking for an Associate Scientist to join a collaborative and dynamic team. You will oversee the discovery and development of novel therapeutics supporting new and ongoing pipeline programs in the ODDU. This is a lab-based role and you will work with the in vivo lead and and be responsible for critical path activities with demonstrated in vivo skills in immuno-oncology drug discovery or translational sciences. You should have a foundation in in vivo models specifically related in vivo and ex vivo pre-clinical models of cancer. As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for new model development, cell line characterization, target validation, assessing therapeutic concepts of several immune engager molecules and advancing development candidates to IND. You will collaborate with important partners, including those in the ODDU and those in partnering organizations (Global Biologics, DSRE, DMPK, and Translational Oncology).
How you will contribute:
- Develop animal models to test the biological efficacy of therapeutic agents for oncology indications
- Design and implement in vivo efficacy models in xenograft and PDX models
- Participate in analysis of in vivo studies to help establish PK / PD / efficacy relationships.
- Help with external collaborations with CROs and and establish new protocols
- Execute experiments with minimal supervision and deliver comprehensive high quality data sets to help decision-making
- Identify experimental protocols and in vivo models
- Identify, plan, and execute well defined scientific projects and communicates program strategy and timelines to management.
- Interpret results of complex experiments
- Prepare and present comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and follow laboratory practices in compliance
- MS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 3+ years relevant industry experience, or BS in a scientific discipline with 5+ years experience, or Associates degree in scientific discipline with 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Proficiency with in vivo efficacy rodent models, including mouse syngeneic, xenograft and PDX models
- Experimental skills, including mammalian tissue culture, in vivo model development, drug administration by multiple routes (IV, SQ, IP, IT, PO), and blood/tissue collection. Imaging experience is highly desirable.
- Experience culturing and maintaining human tumor cell lines and primary human cells, preferably T cells, with best practices in tissue culture is important.
- Knowledge in immunology or immune oncology. Understanding of cell and gene therapies.
- Experience with biologics is prefered (Antibodies, ADCs, Cell therapeis etc)
- Hands –on basic experience with multi-color flow cytometry, molecular biology techniques (PCR, Gibson assembly, cloning etc), ELISA, MSD and other standard cell-based and non-cell based biochemical assays.
- Experience in molecular biology and biochemical techniques such as western blot, molecular cloning is a plus.
- Use of scientific databases and application for data management and data analysis (Graph Pad Prism, Soft Max Pro, Office 365, FlowJo etc)
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as a condition of employment.
Base Salary Range: $ 87,500 to $ 125,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.