Resident Field Ag Equipment Mechanic/Technician
Christmas Valley, OR
PAPE’ MACHINERY, INC. – AGRICULTURE & TURF DIVISION –
CHRISTMAS VALLEY, OR - HARNEY & LAKE COUNTIES
RESIDENT FIELD AG EQUIPMENT MECHANIC/TECHNICIAN:
Do you love working on equipment and turning wrenches? Are you looking to grow your skills as a mechanic? Are you looking for not just another job, but a career? Pape’ Machinery, the premier capital equipment dealer in the West, is seeking a Resident Field Mechanic/Technician to join their team and serve the Harney and Lake counties near Christmas Valley, OR.
At Pape’, you can count on us to invest heavily in your Technician career through training, resources, and support. We want to see you grow your skill set and experience, and in turn, provide excellent compensation, work-life balance, and benefits for you and your family. Come join our team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As our Resident Field Mechanic/Technician, you will live in the Christmas Valley area and work on Agriculture equipment including balers, combines, windrowers, and tractors at customer locations. It will be your job to ensure that their equipment is running in peak form and maximizing uptime. Every day, picture yourself traveling the area in a loaded Pape’ service vehicle, performing top-notch work on equipment, interacting with customers, and knowing that they can count on you to get the job done right!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Journeyman skill level at diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of Agriculture equipment with a focus on John Deere is preferred.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under little or no supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Driver’s license with a good driving record. Class B CDL preferred, but not required.
- Must provide own tools.
- Must reside within the Christmas Valley, OR area.
Starting Compensation: $28+/hr (Depending on Experience)
Why work for Pape’:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level.
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) & Roth 401(k) Retirement Plans with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs.
- Progressive Vacation Plans, Sick Leave & Paid Holidays – Members receive 80 hours of vacation (First year is prorated for new hires based on start date), 24 hours of Sick Leave, and 7 paid holidays each year. Papé vacation plans also have tiers based on your seniority, so as your seniority grows, your vacation time off does as well.
- Advancement – Pape’ is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a focus on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Pape’ is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 160 locations, over 4,500 members and 85 plus years of experience. Pape’ is known for their stability, honesty and integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.