Retail Assistant Manager – Wichita, KS
“We are innovators who make purpose-built technical apparel, footwear, and gear for life's most demanding missions.”
5.11 Tactical has established itself as the fastest-growing and most well-known brand of tactical apparel, gear and functional products in the world. Through a commitment to operator-led product innovation, quality and compelling value, 5.11 has developed a loyal following among some of the most demanding and discerning end-users of apparel and gear.
At our Operations Center in Manteca, CA, and Global Innovation Center in Costa Mesa, CA, we leverage our deep relationships with Law Enforcement, Special Forces Operators and First Responders to gain unique insights. The results are products that break new ground combining ruggedness, speed, range of motion and ultimate comfort in professional duty, tactical training, adventure, women’s tactical, fitness and industrial professionals.
In order to accomplish this mission, we have an opening at our 5.11 Tactical Retail Store located at: 8113 E Kellogg Dr Ste. 400, Wichita, KS 67207. We are seeking an exceptional, service-minded, Retail Assistant Manager to be part of our team. This role will be responsible for delivering an exceptional 5.11 brand experience, building and maintaining customer relationships while achieving store sales goals.
DELIVER OVERALL BRAND EXPERIENCE
- Directs and models 5.11’s Values, Mission and Service standards providing an elevated customer experience
- Works closely with 5.11 Tactical Merchandising Team to coordinate merchandising updates, identify opportunities and support long-term strategies
- Leads and delegates merchandise processing, replenishment and recovery of sales floor to brand standards
- Ensures team is trained in the appropriate fitting techniques and accurately executing fittings
- Ensures all alterations and embellishments are executed according to department specs
- Models an efficient and satisfying cash-wrap experience
- Ensures housekeeping duties are completed to maintain a neat, clean and professional store experience
- With the direction of the Store Manager, monitors and follows up on sales goals, sales plans and sales budgets to optimize profit
- Assists with reductions, price changes, and transfers
- Unloads delivery truck, receives, opens and unpacks merchandise and labels merchandise with security tags
- Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety
- Has working knowledge and oversees use of all Company systems in store
BUILD CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
- Creates an environment that maintains a 100% focus on the customer
- Models selling behaviors to build customer relationships and brand loyalty
- Models and supports use of store tools and systems to nurture customer relationships
- Develops and guides efforts to establish relationships with local public safety organizations
- Directs Uniform Services department to meet service level commitments
- Accountable for store and individual sales goals
- Helps to attracts, recruit, hire and train high-caliber leadership team members and service specialists
- Helps to assess team’s performance and provides feedback using both informal and formal methods
- Ensures all team members are working together to create a positive environment and resolves issues
- Writes and flexes store labor schedule
- Helps manage store controllable expenses
- Protects the assets of the store through implementation of loss prevention practices
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following credentials:
- Degree and/or 2-4 years of retail store supervisory experience – outdoor apparel and/or gear preferred
- Proven ability to provide a superior customer experience and drive customer loyalty
- Proven ability to assess talent and manage performance
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to use a POS system
At 5.11 we embrace a high energy culture built upon our values of Service, Unity, Impact and Tenacity.
Service – At 5.11, we wear our passion for service on our sleeves: it is an honor to serve those who serve and people of all walks of life. With humility and great respect for our consumers and our roots, we take pride in our brand and engage with our communities. By championing the needs of our consumer, we fulfill the mission of a lifetime.
Unity – We build together—as one, global 5.11 family. Our individual abilities and diverse perspectives strengthen outcomes. We collaborate, taking a holistic view and listening actively. By communicating with intention, care, and clarity, we empower each other to reach new heights.
Impact – We have big ambitions, and they start and end with our consumer. With them in mind, we innovate for impact—we think big, think creatively and challenge norms. We foster curiosity and iterate, relentlessly pursuing solutions. For ultimate impact, we drive to disrupt for good.
Tenacity – We are tenacious in our pursuits and accountable to each other. This builds trust and the confidence to rise to any challenge. We have the courage to take risks and, no matter the outcome, we flex and adapt, always having each other’s backs. We persist—determined to Always Be Ready.
5.11’s practice is to hire at 18 years of age and older onlyID:uDnQdo