Returned Material Coordinator
Caniff Electric Supply Co.
Credit & Returns Coordinator
Warehouse customer service hybrid role that resolves questions/problems arising internally or with the customer regarding returned materials and repairs and processes the related paperwork. Coordinates vendor returns and repairs resulting from customer RMAs. Maintains returns related reports.
1. Physically handles product to be repaired by third party vendors.
2. Interfaces with the Vendor, Inside Sales, Outside Sales, Engineering, CSRM Processor, and customer to determine the disposition of defective/returned materials.
3.. Processes all paperwork regarding returns/repairs including: Returned Materials Form, Return Goods Authorization (RGA) forms, repair purchase orders, and vendor debit memos.
4. Negotiates with vendors for return authorizations on non-standard products.
5. Researches and resolves inventory issues related to customer returns and affected inventory.
6. Obtains vendor return authorization through various methods; including online requests, email, and phone.
7. Manages pro-active tools to track open customer returns, vendor returns, and exchanges.
8. Works with other branches during vacations, absences, or other extended leaves.
9. Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions product weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted when stocking, loading or unloading products. Typically bends, stoops and/or crouches on a regular basis from various heights to stock.
10. May operate forklift: proper training and certification will be provided. May also use material handling equipment (including pallet jack, dollies, and hand cart).
11. Follows all safety policies and procedures and completes the provided training.
12. Supports local warehouse operations by performing warehouse functions as needed.
1. Associate degree or a recent pattern of continued education is required. In lieu of meeting the educational requirement for this position, 2 or more years of relevant customer service experience is required.
2. At least two years of experience in a customer service role, interacting directly with both internal and external customers.
3. Ability to work with minimal supervision: organizing, prioritizing and completing tasks at own initiative.
4. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
5. Proven problem-solving skills, decision making, & multi-tasking skills.
6. Proficient PC skills with knowledge of MS Office Products such as Excel and Word; including the ability to demonstrate typing or keyboard proficiency.
Reports To: Operations Support Manager
Direct Reports: None
Warehouse and office environment