RF Design Engineer
Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Crane Aerospace & Electronics has a unique and exciting opportunity for a RF Design Engineer at our Chandler, AZ location.
The RF Engineer will use established procedures and work under limited supervision to perform assigned tasks by working cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Suppliers and Customers. Provide engineering services for RF/Microwave/ Millimeter communications hardware systems for defense application including responsibility for technical proposals, prototype to production, performance, customer presentations, schedule, and cost requirements. Will have expert knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of assigned product or program. May lead a team of engineers on assigned projects.
- Lead engineers for RF/Microwave/Millimeter communications hardware systems for defense application including technical proposals, prototype to production, performance, customer presentations, schedule, and cost requirements.
- End-to-end systems analysis, model and simulate circuit or system performance using analytical tools, Cascade analysis or up/down converters.
- Detailed analysis and design of RF (from VHF through millimeter-wave) and mixed-signal communications hardware components, including digital receiver subsystems and exciters (front ends, IF sections, phase-lock loops, AGC loops, synthesizers, A/D and D/A conversion).
- Filter modeling, analysis and design.
- System integration, test and development of RF/millimeter-wave communications hardware for space flight.
- Work with teams to ensure that designs meet the customers' electrical, environmental, and internal manufacturing requirements and standards. Support internal concurrent design criteria.
- Functional as technical interface for customers. Attend technical meetings and specification development with customer.
- Translate customer specification and generate design documentation required for prototype and/or production releases, as needed.
- Document new designs per established guidelines including, but not limited to, simulations, test circuit measurements, and tolerance analysis.
- Provide appropriate input to the development of test procedures, fixtures, and software.
- BS in Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred.
- Candidates must have 5+ years of experience in microwave/millimeter-wave design.
- Experience with high reliability hardware from conceptual design through production delivery.
- Knowledge of communication systems theory.
- Systems architecture, RF architecture, RF/Microwave circuit design.
- Detailed knowledge of RF and mixed-signal design technologies, including receivers, synthesizers, and transmitters.
- Experience with microwave modeling tools (i.e., Genesys, ADS, AWR, Ansoft HFSS, Ansofl Designer, Ansoft Maxell, Matlab and AutoCAD or equivalent software.)
- Electro-Magnetic circuit analysis experience desired (HFSS).
- Excellent documentation, organization, communication, and time management skills.
- Skilled at writing procedures, reports and acceptances test.
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to work in a team, and mentor junior engineers.
- Eligibility Requirement: This position requires access to controlled data or information and therefore only US persons will be considered. As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Ability to apply and obtain a US government security clearance is required.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Some of our amazing benefits include 401k match, education reimbursement, and 12 paid holidays per year. You can see a list of our benefits at https://www.craneae.com/company/careers or visit our website at www.CraneAE.com for more information on our company and great opportunities
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.