Noble Casing, Inc.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Rig Mechanic is responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing mechanical, electrical, air systems and hydraulic components. Utilize all facets of their technical background to support the majority of components on Noble Drilling equipment. Rig Mechanics are expected to represent his/her self and Noble Drilling in a good manner. Rig Mechanics should always follow the correct chain of command and report all safety problems or violations immediately.
Primary Responsibilities (Not listed in relation to their priority)
- Utilize technical material to troubleshoot and look up parts for multiple Drilling Rig components
- Ability to train rig crews in operator maintenance, technical level and troubleshooting skills
- Maintenance and upkeep of Drilling Rig components including but not limited to Drawworks, Mud Pumps, Iron Roughnecks, Pipe Handling equipment, Engines (Caterpillar and Detroit)
- Maintenance, upkeep and record tracking of all mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment with minimal support.
- Repair, maintain, record keeping of service work on vehicles for DOT purposes.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Must successfully complete Noble Drilling’s industry specific training and orientation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 18 years or older
- Valid Driver’s License
- Average Shift: 12 hour work days
Travel to rig/site location as required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to
write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variable in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to we and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.