Rigger(Industrial Machinery Mover)-Taylor, Texas
Fyn Air, Inc.
Looking for career opportunities, an employer who develops their people, a place to make your mark? If so, we are looking for you. Since our founding in the early 1990s, MEI Rigging & Crating has grown into one of the largest providers of rigging, machinery moving, millwrighting, mechanical installation, industrial storage, crating, and export packing services in the United States. Our day-to-day operations are guided by our shared values of integrity, respect, professionalism, safety, commitment, and results and this has positioned us to provide exceptional service to customers of all sizes ranging from Aerospace, Automotive, Construction, Data Center, Food Processing, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, and Institutional companies to every industry in between. Our people are our best asset, and we invest in training, support, and providing the proper tools needed to succeed. If you are looking to be a part of a great team, please apply!
This position is located at Samsung in Taylor, TX
Set-up, assemble, or disassemble job-specific rigging that includes selecting proper gear and equipment based on the size, weight, dimensions, and area of movement that is necessary to safely secure machinery, tools, and equipment for relocation and/or transportation. Control, manipulate, fabricate, and repair rigging and support structures. Requires the use of hand, flag, and/or verbal signals to communicate to operators and others. Riggers may drive a commercial vehicle, perform maintenance or welding/fabrication functions, assist in warehouse activities, or perform other tasks as necessary when not rigging.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspect and test rigging materials to ensure safety and reliability.
- Align, level, and anchor machinery or equipment.
- Use hand and/or power tools to attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare for moving. May also secure machinery or equipment to prevent movement.
- Select appropriate gear such as cables, pulleys, vices, winches, etc. according to load weights and sizes, work area, and job specifications.
- Be aware of obstacles, surrounding structures, barriers or objects and the location of other people.
- Signal or verbally communicate with workers and others engaged in hoisting, suspending, and moving loads to ensure the safety of workers and materials.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials, heavy equipment and/or machinery.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
- Install ground rigging for yarding lines utilizing chokers and logs, other tools as necessary.
- Assist in fabrication, set up, and repair of rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools.
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
- Dismantle, inspect, clean, organize and store rigging equipment after use.
- Run, operate, maneuver, navigate, or drive vehicles or mechanized equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, ariel lifts.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Skills, and Education
- High School Diploma preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of machinery moving experience or comparable field experience in the construction service industry.
- Valid Driver’s License
- OSHA 10 for Construction
- OSHA 30 preferred not required
- NCCER Rigging basic preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
This is very physical, hands-on work. A Rigger must be able to perform General Physical Activities — activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 50 pounds. Must have the ability to work off the ground at varying heights, and not be affected by moving machinery or parts. Willing and able to work in a non-temperature-controlled environment and/or outdoors in all types of weather, and over uneven ground or terrain.
Work with a Top-of-Mind Awareness for the safety of yourself and everyone at the job site. Must be able to work in a high functioning team environment. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity, and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI’s customers have come to expect.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by a Rigger and is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or requirements. MEI reserves the right to change or modify this job description or the essential duties of Rigger, as necessary.
Company Benefits: MEI Rigging & Crating provides a dynamic and friendly work environment, challenging and rewarding career opportunities, a highly competitive salary and an extensive benefits package that includes Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage, Life & Disability Insurance, Retirement Benefits, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, Referral Program
MEI is an Equal Opportunity, M/F/Disabled/Vet Preferred Employer.