Road Builder- Asphalt Paving Laborer
Rogers Group is seeking applicants for the position of Road Builder - Asphalt Paving Laborer to work with road construction and highway paving crews in Murfreesboro, TN area. The successful candidate for this role will be motivated and have an uncompromising focus on safety excellence. Some of the job duties will include but will not be limited to:
- General laborer position to work on construction projects.
- Pushes and pulls asphalt rake to level asphalt to fine grade specifications.
- Uses sledge hammer to drive pins, uses pick and shovel to dig.
- Hooks up trailers, fastens attachments to equipment.
- Flagger duties, sets up traffic control, places barrels and cones.
- Smooths freshly poured asphalt, shovels asphalt, or other materials.
- Assist other workers as needed or directed and other duties as assigned by management
- Opportunities for entry level and experienced asphalt pavers
Wages starting at $20.69/hr. for entry level and laborers. Some positions require no experience and Rogers Group will train. Higher pay for skilled operators of heavy equipment with highway construction experience. Pay rate bonus for CDL license holders with tanker endorsement. Overtime available and extensive medical and retirement benefits.
- Able to work outdoors in extreme conditions, such as cold, heat, and humidity.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Assist in patching asphalt with hot and cold mix.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project/jobsite.
- Able to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and overtime as needed.
- Valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of general principles and practices of industrial maintenance, construction, or aggregate production.
- Previous related experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
As a Rogers Group employee, you will have access to our competitive company benefits, including:
- Group insurance options plus Health Savings Account with annual company contribution.
- Company paid life insurance, disability insurance, and more.
- Retirement 401K account with company contribution and match.
- Paid Holiday Shutdown period between Christmas and New Years in addition to 7 holidays throughout the year.
- Paid vacation – 2 weeks at 1 year; 3 weeks at 5 years; 4 weeks at 20 years of service.
- Annual merit-based pay increase.
RGI EEO Statement
An Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates without regard to age, race, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected status. All applications are accepted online at www.rogersgroupinc.comID:uDnQdo