SA Recycling, LLC
The Inspector is responsible for observing and monitoring the delivery of material to verify conformance to quality and quantity specifications, while ensuring that all his/her efforts are compliant with the company Health, Safety, and Environmental standards. Duties may include assisting with daily production operations, as well as receiving and stockpiling of materials and products. Work Environment: Scrap metal yard, outdoor all-weather conditions
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for inspecting incoming customer loads for acceptable and non-acceptable materials.
- This includes identifying non-conforming items and properly pointing these out to customer and deducting weight as needed.
- Must have excellent communicating skills and be able to handle stressful situations.
- Ensure that customers follow proper procedures for selling recyclable materials.
- Help guide semi-trucks in & out of yard and maintain an efficient traffic pattern for all vehicles.
- Communicate very clearly with the weighmaster and machine operator for each load.
- Sort materials for processing as directed and move items to designated storage areas daily.
- Assist with unloading materials for customers one at a time.
- Clean and maintain work area daily.
- Comply with all safety guidelines.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures
- Provide backup or assistance throughout the yard as needed or assigned.
- The Inspector should possess knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and other techniques required for maximizing the receipt and transfer of quality product.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Inspectors must be capable of being on their feet most of the day as well as: Work Environment: Scrap metal yard, outdoor all-weather conditions.
- stand and walk frequently on uneven ground and throughout the yard.
- lift and carry 50 pounds, capable of repetitive motion and be able to handle physical labor.
- push and pull occasionally when moving materials.
- crouch or bend at the knees consistently to move or access materials or equipment.
- stoop or bend at the waist consistently to move materials.
- reach at arm’s length and overhead frequently.
- twist and turn at the neck and trunk continually.
- climb occasionally when obtaining items.
- manual dexterity required, as the Inspector will handle, grasp, and manipulate materials constantly.
- communicate clearly by speech and hearing continually.
- possess visual acuity needed for close detail work and documentation; and
- possess mental dexterity to work independently while demonstrating attention to detail and continuous awareness of their environment.
The information provided within this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
SA Recycling offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Full time positions with Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after completion of 30 days of employment
- 401k with a Company Match
- Weekly Pay
- Referral Incentives
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Eligible for Safety Bonuses