Route Accounting Clerk
Marva Maid Dairy
Newport News, VA
SUMMARY Verifies and reconciles all documentation from Route Salespersons for the reconciliation of office records against physical count of products and cash on route. Investigates, adjusts and reports discrepancies on routes to department supervisor and Distribution Manager/Distribution Supervisors. Process data to create download information to be imported to handhelds and also the communication of handhelds to transfer information from the handheld to the server.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare all orders received for entry into the computer by creating hash totals (total of product quantities and product codes).
- Verify in the customer master file delivery day and route # to deliver products.
- Enter Orders in the system for all branches and coordinate the Dairy Movers Delivery Schedule.
- Receive and process government EDI orders.
- Request milk load sheets and spool to appropriate branch printers.
- Fax/email sales tickets to branch locations.
- Print sales tickets and place in driver’s mailbox.
- Perform various system/printer functions.
- Assist with duties such as verifying all driver invoices are present and signed if any missing we contact the branch manager.
- Assist in processing the driver’s delivery handheld stage in the AS400/Middleware for all branches.
- Customer sales information is communicated to route driver handhelds for deliveries of dairy products.
- Assist in reconciling branch COD bank deposits for multiple branches. Any other non-routine tasks assigned by the supervisor as the need arises.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have knowledge of basic office procedures and office equipment (computer, calculator, fax, email). Accuracy, editing and proofreading skills are crucial. Neat and legible handwriting is mandatory. Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction/procedures. Requires excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work efficiently under pressure. Must be able to work flexible hours on short notice. Must be able to work alternating holidays when necessary. Must be completely trustworthy and dependable. Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status