Route Sales Driver Trainer
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. High Country
Coca-Cola, with its many brands, has been recognized and enjoyed by people around the world for over a century. Founded in 1956, Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country is a family owned, regional Bottler serving portions of Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
Every day we honor our core values of Honesty, Integrity, Trust, and Respect through encouraging our team members to develop, grow and serve. Together we become more effective and productive… in life and work.
Refresh your career and join us in refreshing the world!
- Starting Salary for Route Sales Driver Trainers is $80,000 per year!
- Additional incentive earning opportunities!
- Robust benefits package including 100% paid employee health and dental option!
As a part of the Sales Team, the Route Sales Driver Trainer has responsibility to train and develop Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country’s sales team including full on-boarding of new employees in all sales, delivery, customer service and sales operations processes. Additional responsibilities including on-going development of incumbent sales team members to maximize sales skills of each employee and increase synergy within the sales teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work one on one with all Sales Specialists, Route Sales Drivers, Route Sales Trainees and Merchandisers to train and educate on the processes and fundamentals of the Look of Success for the business.
- Learn all routes for delivery, training and development purposes. Assist in route coverage as needed and provide feedback on route deficiencies.
- Provide all initial training to sales employees, including new hires, in all sales, delivery, customer service and sales operations processes.
- Work closely with Sales Center Manager and District Sales Manager to update them on market trends and work with them to find positive solutions for solid growth.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all training. Evaluate existing training materials and standards. Prepare and implement the best practices.
- Work one on one with each employee on a regular basis to observe and assess performance and knowledge. Create reports to present observations and findings to respective manager.
- Directly responsible for the on-going training and development of sales and distribution employees for all geographical sales territories in the following areas:
- How to create positive customer relationships.
- The importance of market execution and merchandising standards.
- The responsibility of product rotation and stocking on store shelves, displays, and coolers/vending equipment.
- Store resets, how to adjust shelves and read schematics within the proper brand sets and brand order.
- How to call on store personnel and backdoor receivers.
- How to sell product to customers.
- Ordering procedures.
- Warehouse loading procedures.
- Pre-sell route training.
- Proper operating standards for trucks requiring a CDL license (for example, driving forward, driving backward, maneuvering in tight spaces, dropping and hooking, operating landing gear, or backing into docks and confined spaces).
- Extensive Handheld training to include:
- Create credit, account receivable, load-out and load-in invoices.
- Invoicing – pre-sell, conventional, full service vending, and full service fountain.
- End of day paperwork and proper paperwork storage procedures.
- Pre-sell handheld operations versus delivery handheld operations
- Review sales performance against programs and outline plans with employees to achieve success.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management/Marketing.
- Two years hands on business management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in Margin Minder (or comparable program) preferred.
- Above-average math skills and ability to figure profits, margins, retails, and financials are critical.
- 2+ Years experience driving commercial vehicles is preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the Coca-Cola System preferred from Marketing to Delivery.
- Must have an active Class A CDL, have the ability to operate a Class A CDL tractor and trailer, understand and remain in compliance with all CDL requirements and have a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
- Ability to lead and drive sustainable change through employee engagement.
- Effective team facilitation.
- Demonstrated presentation and training skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Knowledge of the business & industry.
- Knowledge of all Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Vehicle Carrier regulations.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
- Delegation – Ability to delegate work, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Enthusiasm – Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Leadership – Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; accept feedback.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
- Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
- Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials property.
- Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
- Minimum (2) months with Sales Center Manager and District Sales Manager learning the market and expectations of the company.
- New Hire Orientation
- Company’s Inter-Active Safety Training and other safety training as required
- Annual Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace Training
- Assist management in coaching and mentoring staff in achieving goals and objectives.
- Provide regular performance feedback to management.
- Work in an office and trade environment; sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; may utilize a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds and demonstrate proper lifting techniques. Must be able to reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
- Hands on in the market and at the facility with a constant learning environment in all areas.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations approximately 10-20% and attend out-of-town training and/or seminars.
- Must be available to work some weekends and some holidays.
Pay offered will depend on candidate’s geographic location, prior relevant experience, knowledge, skills, & abilities.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing, if applicable, and adheres to an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.