Route Team Lead
Schwan's Home Delivery
In this role, you will provide the Area Manager with leadership support, assist in training employees, and provide route relief by driving our iconic yellow truck to service our customers by delivering and selling more than 350 different frozen food products. You will receive a minimum of 3-4 weeks of hands-on training from leaders who care and coach you to success.
Individuals who have demonstrated success in this role may have the potential to develop into other leadership positions within the company.
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: $55,000 - $65,000 / year
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety is our #1 priority! You will be trained and expected to lead and apply safe practices while training, servicing customers, and operating the company vehicle. This includes adherence to traffic laws, safe operating practices, company policies, standards, Department of Transportation regulations and requirements, and any other program requirements.
- Successfully executes primary responsibility of providing route relief coverage and support.
- Trains new Route Sales Representatives (RSRs) and assists in coaching and developing team members on a variety of topics including safety, sales, and service.
- Provide real-time training and coaching support, through ride alongs with Route Sales Representatives (RSRs) on their routes.
- Supports manager with administrative functions and depot training as needed.
- Works with and helps lead a team of motivated individuals who share similar values.
- Exposed to a variety of weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. while servicing our customers.
- May be required to assist with warehouse/freezer activities including loading trucks and unloading semis.
- Enjoy most weekends off and work a reliable schedule starting mid-morning until mid-evening (average 10-hour day). Some overnight travel may be required.
You earn a competitive salary and will be eligible for vacation and holiday pay, multiple health, dental and vision plans, an Employee Incentive Program, and a 401K plan with a company contribution, plus much more, including an employee discount!
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must meet Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including valid driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required
- Aptitude and desire to properly coach and train others
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Safety first mentality while executing best-in-class service
- Experience with technology
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Yelloh!
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes diversity, represents the communities in which we operate, enables attraction of diverse talent pools for today and tomorrow and positions Yelloh as an employer of choice.
Yelloh is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.ID:uDnQdo