SAF/IS Regional Director
American Red Cross
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building relationships and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (Job Overview):
We are seeking a SAF/IS Regional Director to support our Tennessee Region. This position is full time and can be based in Nashville
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD (Key Responsibilities):
Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Represents the Red Cross in the local community and is accountable for achieving performance targets. Serves as the “face” of the Red Cross at assigned location.
• Builds strong relationships with military leadership, key organizations, and community leaders.
• Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations, and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross.
• Builds community presence through enhancing marketing opportunities with local Armed Forces Network, utilization of social media platforms, and leveraging local base advertising opportunities to spread the Red Cross Mission and service
Volunteer Management: Manages a volunteer engagement program and cycle to enable delivery of all Red Cross programs and services on a military installation and in their local community.
• Develop and implement local needs assessment and Volunteer Program Plan through utilizing process established by Volunteer Resources.
• Recruits and trains leadership volunteers to support placement and supervision of staff and programs in the delivery of SAF/IS U.S. programs and services, Training Services, Disaster Cycle Services, and providing support to Armed Forces Blood Services.
• Effectively utilize the Volunteer Connection Platform to manage, document, train, recognize and communicate with volunteers within the local footprint.
Service Delivery Management: Ensures the consistent delivery of SAF and IS U.S. services to all clients in their area.
• Provides supervision of volunteer Service Delivery staff.
• Coordinates services to military treatment facilities and VA hospitals through rehabilitation programs, material assistance, resiliency training and morale items and support.
• Ensures community outreach, to include command meetings and education briefings, presentations, or workshops
• Ensures a strong military community outreach program and implementation of special events and projects in support of SAF/IS U.S. initiatives.
• Manages support services to military members and their families to include family follow-up information and referrals; and other related services.
• Provides support for the emergency communications center with local information, as appropriate.
• Develops outreach strategies aimed at promoting International Services U.S. programs to the community and ensuring the local community is aware of what programs and services are available
Financial and Reporting Management: Develops and manages budgets and expenditures to ensure programs are operating within budget to support all programs and services. Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services to ensure organizational accountability and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (Minimum Qualifications):
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field is required; or related equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of five years related experience in program management or related field is required.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE EDGE (Preferred Qualifications):
Experience working in or with the Military and Executive Leadership background.
Physical Requirements: Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Frequently lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs unassisted. Frequently required to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds on flat flooring or ramps. Frequently required to stand for long periods, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch. Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus. Able to withstand temperatures in a typical blood banking environment including refrigerators and freezers. Position may require climbing of step ladders. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
• Medical, Dental Vision plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO + Holidays
• 401K with 4% match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and recognition
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights