Salem, OR- Material Handler- D Shift DC- $22.50/hr
Campbell Soup Company
Since 1869 we've connected people through food they love. Our history was created by remarkable people, ideas, and innovations. It serves as inspiration and foundation for our future success. We’re proud to be stewards of amazing brands that people trust. We foster a culture of belonging where people come first, and diversity is embraced. And we live our values, always, while setting the highest standards for performance.
Here, you will make a difference every day. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative, and competitive team. You will be supported to build a rewarding career with opportunities to grow, innovate and inspire. Make history with us.
What role will you play? How will you make history with Campbell’s? Apply today!
Location : USA – Salem, OR- DC
• Cost Center: USSC005161 SALEM - WAREHOUSE SHIPPING
• Work Center: SAL5490 - SAL-Mat Handling-Gen Help
• Supervisor Group: SAL010
JOB TITLE: Material Handler
WORKDAY LEVEL: HP04
BASE RATE PER HOUR : $22.50
SHIFT: D Shift- Wed/Thurs- Sat, 7pm- 7am
# OF OPENINGS: 1
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially during holidays.)
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
The Material Handler is responsible for receiving, storing, picking and distributing material and products within establishment.
• Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Transports materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production areas.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets.
• Marks materials with identifying information.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
• Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Certified to drive material handling equipment.
• Transports stored items within the warehouse.
• Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and non-palletized product.
• Utilizes manual and automated material handling equipment.
• Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
• Keeps work area clean and removes trash from work area floor.
• Stores supplies in designated areas.
• Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions.
• Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights; identifies/reports defective equipment.
• Reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
• Takes photos of incoming or outgoing load and log items and pictures for documentation.
• Uses computer to enter records.
• Where applicable, climbs and works at the heights of material tanks.
• May climb on top or into tank trailers to check seals and take samples.
• May prepare and takes a cycle count inventory of all merchandise; records counts on cycle count sheets.
• Mandatory overtime may be required.
• Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
• May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required. Previous experience with Oracle or similar based WMS system; a minimum of 1 year experience in a warehouse position; previous forklift experience is preferred.
Sitting: Frequently Standing: Frequently Walking: Frequently
Driving: Frequently Using hands: Frequently Climbing: Occasionally
Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally Talking, Hearing: Continuously Tasting, Smelling: Seldom
Floor to Waist Lift: Frequently Waist to Eye Lift: Occasionally Two Handed Carry: Occasionally
Up to 100 lbs.: Frequently
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office areas but moderate on the warehouse floor. Temperature is ambient and impacted by seasonal changes.
Individual base pay depends on work location and additional factors such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401k and wellness benefits beginning on the first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.ID:uDnQdo