Sales Administrator/Data Entry
Garden Spot Foods
River Valley, a growing specialty foods and consumable products distributor in Syracuse, NY, is searching for a full time Sales Administrator
River Valley Holdings is a family-owned distribution company based in Syracuse, NY, serving retail customers across the northeastern United States. The River Valley family of companies: River Valley Foods, Cavallaro Foods and Garden Spot Foods, distributes a wide range of specialty dry and frozen grocery items and consumable products out of warehouses in Syracuse, NY and New Holland, PA.
With the goal of delivering meaningful contributions to flawless customer service and sales growth, the Sales Administrator supports the Sales Team by providing administrative support, timely and effective resolutions, merchant and vendor support and communication which enhances overall operations. An organized and detailed approach, which emphasizes proactive, polished communication and effective prioritization, exemplifies the qualities that lead to success in this role.
This will be an in-house River Valley Foods position in the Sales Department reporting to the Sales Administrator Manager.
The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 8AM - 4:30 PM
Wages: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
This position is FULL TIME with competitive benefit offerings:
- Medical & Dental benefits
- Life & Disability Insurances
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- Continuing Education Partnership
- 401k & Roth IRA with company match
- 2 weeks of vacation per year
- Employee assistance program
- Employee purchase program
- Opportunity for advancement
- Plan, coordinate, and complete concurrent and varied projects related to sales accounts and business initiatives with effective scheduling, follow through, overall project responsibility and final accountability for results.
- Respond to daily issues and requests that arise concerning sales accounts and business partners with expedience, an exceptional level of service and thorough follow through.
- Create, maintain, run and share reports, lists and databases according to a regular schedule and as requested
- Initiate and ensure regular communication to HQ managers of relevant and critical account information, and create and update sales materials, forms and other resources as needed for HQ managers
- Perform data entry, formatting and submission of cost change forms, new item forms, promo sheets, store audits and other requested materials as directed.
- Develop and apply a general understanding of the Sales Department operations.
- Cross-departmental collaboration to understand each other’s roles and functions within the system.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
- Communicates new and discontinued items to Sales.
- Works to ensure vendor information and item information is accurate and updated.
- Point of contact for all sales requests relating to presell and special orders
- Managing work flow between the Sales and Purchasing Departments through Vendor Agreements, new item setups, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old. Preferred candidate will have Associate degree with at least 2 years of Sales experience.
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Proven customer service skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines.
- The ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility in managing numerous, competing priorities.
- A team player with a high level of dedication and integrity.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain and navigate records and databases
- Strong computer skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Willingness to adapt
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a group setting
River Valley Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)