Sales Application Engineer
Pic Wire Disc, Inc.
Reporting directly to the Sales Application Engineering Manager, the Sales Application Engineer is a technical sales role that is a critical part of the corporations opportunity management strategy. As a member of the Execution Sales Team, the Sales Application Engineer is tasked with identifying, managing, and winning opportunities at both new and existing customers. The Sales Application Engineer will interact with senior management, purchasing and engineering personnel to provide customers solutions that solve problems. The Sales Application Engineer will manage internal phase-gate processes, develop business cases for new product development, support quoting activity, and ultimately win opportunities that contribute to profitable revenue growth. The Sales Application Engineer will also extract Voice of Customer and apply these inputs internally to drive future product development. The Sales Application Engineer is a self-motivated, enthusiastic, collaborative, well-organized and technically competent person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire and analyze Voice of Customer information to formulate business cases that drive new product development.
- Work with internal engineering, purchasing, product management and finance departments to facilitate opportunity execution.
- Identify, document, update and execute opportunities with a focus on winning.
- Leverage opportunity prioritization tools to ensure urgent and important opportunities are being sufficiently managed.
- Manage the Sales Inbox and application inquiries with the goal of identifying new opportunities at both new and existing customers.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers on all product lines.
- Drive the sample process as required to obtain product qualification at key customers.
- Support the Relationship Team in accomplishing customer transactions including quotes, orders, and RMAs.
- Support opportunities by developing inventory proposals that enable increased sales.
- Acquire market knowledge and competitive intelligence through customer communication and industry research.
- Identify customers whose business is at risk.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Angelus Values: Customers, Communication, Commitment, Doing The Right Thing
- Angelus Core Competencies: Continuous Improvement, Personal Development
- Opportunity execution attributes: Enjoys people, pro-active & persistent, hunger for knowledge, passion to win, optimistic
- Demonstrated maturity to effectively self-manage activities to achieve assigned objectives
Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Required: Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Required: 2+ years of technical sales or customer facing experience
- Required: Excellent teamwork skills. Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in the organization
- Required: Strong, professional English verbal & written communication skills.
- Preferred: 3+ years of experience working directly with aerospace and defense companies
- Preferred: Familiarity with RF & ethernet cable technology, aircraft systems, and the Aerospace & Defense market
- Preferred: Masters degree in Business Administration
- Preferred: Demonstrated ability to effectively apply a disciplined sales process
- Preferred: Formal Project Management training
- Preferred: Experience working at a small business
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Personal computer, copier and calculator. Requires a working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of the duties of this job are in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Location: This position will be located at The Angelus Corporations facility in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
Travel: Less than 10% travel is anticipated.
EOE, including disability/veteran