Sales Associate (Caldwell, ID)
J. R. Simplot Co.
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Under general supervision, this role is responsible for meeting objectives of developed sales goals established for the Western Stockmen’s retail store operations set by the supervisor. Assist walk-in customers and phone customers, to include affirming indications on animal health, clarifying feed and minerals usage. Assist in warehouse as needed by supervisor.
- Maintains strong interface with company’s service organization to ensure superior customer service. Support outside sales staff to provide product and service for outside sales.
- Follow all Board of Pharmacy regulations as to labeling, invoicing, and retention of script drug sales.
- Assists in warehouse as needed, work with our company objectives in maintaining supply and minimizing product carryover.
- Work with sales staff to assist in managing store inventories.
- Responsible for actively participating in maintaining the retail inventory at the store. Perform store inventories, help interpret results and control inventory shrink.
- Maintains positive customer relations with present/prospective customers.
- Provide knowledge to customers on animal health, feed and mineral products and treatments.
- Obtains feedback from customers regarding products.
- Responsible for actively participating in selling products to support counter sales including: dispatch and delivery of animal health products, minerals, and feed.
|High school diploma or general education degree (GED)|
3+ years related experience and/or training in ranching or dairy
Job Requisition ID: 12359
Travel Required: None
Location(s): SWS Retail - Caldwell
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at [email protected]