Sales Development Manager Deli
Job Description: This position is responsible for leading demand generation and innovation activities for the Deli channel related to strategic customer initiatives. This role participates in the development of customer specific short-term innovation and product strategy, new product and packaging ideas, and go-to-market approaches to achieve Tyson’s profit, volume, and share growth objectives. This role will require collaboratively influencing multiple levels in the organization and across teams that are not limited to Customer Sales, Culinary, Consumer Insights, Business Units, R&D, Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, and outside partners to turn food and menu ideas into commercialized products for sale.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead cross-functional teams to achieve successful product launches and customer initiatives with a focus on agility and speed-to-market.
• Assist in the development and implementation of pipeline innovation strategy feeding the long-term and annual plans for customers, reflecting Tyson enterprise and business unit goals.
• Work with cross-functional teams that will include Marketing, Culinary, R&D, Sales, Supply Chain, Suppliers, Business Units, and leverage enterprise-wide innovation teams to determine solutions that are viable for the Deli channel.
• Inspire new product ideas through a deep understanding of customer and business needs using consumer, customer, market data, and trends to identify insights that translate into innovation initiatives to drive results.
• Drive work in our innovation project management, packaging, and specification systems (CRM/PDM/TANGO/MRS/CUSTOMER SYSTEMS) to advance projects with the cross-functional team.
• Lead channel specification change initiatives for Deli items in collaboration with R&D, business units, SS&P, sales, and customers.
• Help build and execute against customer joint business planning objectives.
• Present to internal and external stakeholders: strategy, insights, and financial justification for projects to help build and execute against customer joint business planning objectives.
• Take a leadership role in customer presentations that focus on products, programs, packaging, usage, and store level preparation needs.
Education: Requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a bachelor’s degree.
Experience: 4 plus years of relevant experience; knowledge of Foodservice, Deli, and/or Fresh Protein preferred.
Computer Skills: Preferably systems related to Poultry, Prepared Foods, and Food Service. Above average skills on Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Power Point.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
Travel: Travel required estimated 8-10
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.ID:uDnQdo