Sales Engineer – EP
Celebrating over 25 years in Central Florida, Earnest Products has been providing the highest-quality sheet metal fabrication of custom parts and related services to our customers. Family-owned and operated, Earnest Products takes pride in its Associates by building strong Team and Customer relationships through the continuous pursuit of our Core Values, our Mission, and our Vision. If you are looking for a “Family” environment where we promote continuous improvement, training, and career advancement, then you have found the right Team!
The primary purpose of the Sales Engineer position is to manage all aspects of the customer relationship within one of the company’s business units. This individual will be directly responsible for all aspects of the relationship including forecasting, growth, daily communications, relationship building and problem solving. This position requires an individual who will develop creative solutions for the customer which will strengthen and solidify a true partnership.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s needs by working closely with the customers and developing cost effective engineered solutions.
- Assist the customers develop products that meet their needs while maximizing the value of the company’s processes and services.
- Understand the customers’ business cycles and how the services offered will assist them in their success.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products and services to the customers and prospective customers.
- Present detailed quotes to the customers and be able to thoroughly understand the costs and the value provided by the quotations.
- Perform research about the customers’ products and markets and be able to demonstrate to the customers the solutions that Earnest Products offers.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the markets the company serves, the competitors and opportunities for growth.
- Forecast annual sales by product, for each customer.
- Negotiate prices and complete sales.
- Find creative solutions to new and complex problems.
- Direct Inside Sales Assistants.
- Meet annual sales targets defined by management.
- Actively participate in improving processes and systems.
- Ensure that work meets quality standards.
- Consistently meet company set productivity guidelines.
- Consistently follow all safety instructions as outlined in the Associate Safety Manual.
- Adhere to Earnest Products Core Values, policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook.
- Regular attendance is an essential job requirement to meet company productivity standards.
- Overtime work as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of Sales experience in manufacturing environment with sheet metal fabrication preferred..
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- High attention to detail and ability to perform the detail work, not just manage it.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to lead and embrace change.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and computer skills (MS Office/ERP).
- Ability to plan and stay well organized.
- Office environment where heating and air conditioning are available.
- Occasionally go to the plant floor where safety glasses are always required.
- Ability to sit for a long period of time.
- Must have full range of motion and be able to kneel and bend for short periods as task may require.
Earnest Products is an EEO and DFWP employer. Accommodations will be considered upon request. Distribution of this document is not a guarantee of employment.