Sales Engineer (St Louis, MO)
Location: Missouri (reporting to the Fenton, IL area)
Our Sales Engineers are responsible for developing client relationships within an assigned geographic territory to foster sales of new boiler equipment, auxiliary equipment, and service.
- Responsible for the technical sales and business development of new and existing customers.
- Perform required research to support customer Request for Quote and general information solicitation by using existing technical drawings/diagrams/personnel/ resources to ensure that solutions offered conform to equipment/use specifications.
- Perform quote follow up to spur customer decisions.
- Work with management to develop feedback related to target and sales program performance / enhancements.
- Solicit input for new products as well as collecting feedback for increasing sales related to existing offerings.
- Work with management to develop local strategy.
- Support peers and management with internal and external projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- This is a direct customer facing position, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to apply intellect, creativity, adaptability, judgment, and management skills to achieve required results.
- Computer competency including Outlook, Word, Excel required.
- Basic understanding of boiler industry terminology a plus.
A High School diploma or equivalent is mandatory.
3+ years relevant sales experience with commercial and industrial boiler systems.
+50% state and regional travel; travel will consist of visiting customers, project sites, tradeshows, etc. The territory consists of Cook county to the Indiana border including Chicago metro area.
Physical Skill and Effort:
Work requires computer proficiency, moderate typing speed and a high data input accuracy level. Work involves fairly light and simple types of physical exertion up to 50 pounds lifting.
Working Conditions and Hazards:
Normal office conditions. Moderate travel primarily by car to customer sites. Client sites may have location specific safety requirements and hazards associated with the industry and boiler room.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Sales & Service Employee:
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.
Who is Cleaver-Brooks Sales & Service?
Cleaver-Brooks Sales & Service (CBSS) is a market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. CBSS offers a full range of capabilities from: new equipment, installation, rentals, retrofits, repairs, parts, and service. We can deliver, install, and upgrade boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. CBSS deliver’s the most efficient, reliable, safe, and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiates us from competitors in the marketplace.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.