Martin Sprocket & Gear
Who is Martin Sprocket & Gear?
Martin is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family-run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America.
Why is it great to work for us?
As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities. We take great pride in our people and believe they are our greatest asset.
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Hourly Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
What will you do?
In this role, you will create well-designed proposals on manufactured components to internal and external customers while providing technical information, support, and service to our sales team.
- Complete an extensive, hands-on training program
- Respond to inbound requests from our established sales team for product, delivery, and pricing requests
- Design and price components available through Martin Sprocket & Gear, as well as made to order OEM components
- Secure and renew orders, working closely with our manufacturing plants and other locations to create and expedite orders
- Complete quotations and process orders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Read through customer specification packets and prints while working with our sales team to provide the best solution and design
- Provide technical & non-technical support and services to our inside & outside sales as well as other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of our products
- Schedule: 1st Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
What are we looking for?
We're looking for engaged individuals who are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning and enjoy working with others.
[Please Note: We do not accept applications from current employees of Authorized Martin Distributors]
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1-2 years sales or customer service experience
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Unyielding commitment to customer service
- Team approach to achieving goals
- Must have a mechanical aptitude or technical inclination
- Self-motivated with the drive to succeed and achieve goals
- Independent ability to evaluate situations, solve problems, and make decisions
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Computer proficiency and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft AX is a plus
- Energetic and positive with a willingness to grow skillset
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company's timekeeping policy and all other company policies
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company's Albemarle, NC branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.