Destiny Industries, LLC
The Sales Manager works from the manufacturing facilities support and drive wholesale and builder sales, helping to develop new accounts as well as provider ongoing account management to strengthen ongoing business relationships.
This role retains complete accountability for execution and continuous improvement of a business process and development and coaching of the team responsible for that process. This individual is accountable for mapping, documenting, reengineering, quality assurance, staffing, metrics, controls, risk identification, and service level expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans, sales plans, and forecasts to achieve Corporate objectives for products and services
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards, industry, and economic trends
- Distribution network to ensure we can run our plants at capacity
- Inventory Management: Turn rates, aging etc., retailers not meeting established stocking levels per dealer/MFG agreement.
- Directs prospecting efforts for new accounts in markets we do not have representation.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results. Takes corrective action to guarantee achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Directs staffing, training, mentoring and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs
- Ensures that sales orders are written clearly and correctly for production
- Manages and directs staff including recruitment, selection, and development to achieve company goals and objectives
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals
- Make regular sales calls with potential accounts
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Meets with key clients to with maintain relationships
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Demonstrate a good work ethic based on principles of honesty and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- Experience managing a team of sales representatives
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues
- Minimum of five years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities
- Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques and financial principles
- Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, internal, and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Attention to detail
- This position requires overnight travel