Sales Representative – S. New York
Free Spirit Publishing, Inc.
White Plains, NY
At Teacher Created Materials, we are passionate about developing innovative and imaginative educational materials and services for K-12 students worldwide. Everything we do is created by teachers for teachers and students to make teaching more effective and learning more fun. Our Sales Representatives work with education specialists, school administrators, principals, schools and school districts to identify their needs and provide curriculum solutions.
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Representative with an entrepreneurial spirit interested in uncapped earning potential to help take our team to the next level!
- Competitive Salary plus Monthly Uncapped Commissions
- Performance Bonuses
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Company Holidays
- Generous 401(K) Match
- Generous Childcare Reimbursement
- Timely Reimbursement of all Business-Related Expenses
- Remote Work from Home Office Base (Southern New York area - Westchester County)
- Plus more
Sales Representative Position Summary:
- Partner with schools and school districts on learning solutions that enhance teaching effectiveness.
- Advise and consult on TCMs best-in-class products and services that align with educational targets and goals.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of students and teachers needs and expectations within your territory.
- Understand opportunities with various customer buyers in order to develop viable solutions.
- Build relationships with decision makers in order to build relationships and gain their support and commitment to various initiatives/programs.
- Cultivate business plan/solution and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer using information collected during the account discovery process to ensure the plan meets customer needs.
- Solve issues that arise during execution in order to eliminate barriers.
- Develop customer call strategies to interact with buyers (coaches, gatekeepers) in order to gain access to senior-level buyers.
- Coordinate implementation of agreed upon activities (e.g., trade shows, product training, regional workshops) within geographical responsibility in order to execute plan.
- Identify opportunities consistent with the objectives, priorities and strategies of assigned customers through discovery in order to prioritize potential focus area(s).
- Review with the customer how the recommended solutions are linked to customer's needs to highlight Teacher Created Materials commitment to customer needs.
- Receive and answer incoming telephone calls and communications from customers in order to solve customer problems/requests.
- Bachelor's Degree
- K-12 classroom teaching experience AND/OR
- 2+ years in professional sales
General Sales Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Communicating Effectively: Conveying information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner; providing information to ensure understanding; solicits input from the audience during the communication.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and/or others to ensure that work is completed efficiently in light of the strategies and destination of the department and/or organization.
- Exerting Personal Influence: Persuading others to support or agree with an idea, issue, or position.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Knowledge of the Business: understands value from a customer perspective; stays informed; understands the organization; understands the educational market
- Building Value Based Relationships: explores opportunities for relationships; identifies relationship needs; facilitated mutual agreement; develops credibility; maintains open lines of communication
- Frequent travel by automobile.
- Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. when traveling and/ or carrying materials to and from sales meetings and destinations.
- Repetitive hand and wrist movements for frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- MUST live in territory for position.
Teacher Created Materials (TCM) is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices, including (but not limited to) compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, educational, training, recreational and social activities.