Sales Tax Manager
Destiny Industries, LLC
The tax team ensures Cavco appropriately estimates and pay taxes to state and local taxing authorities working to optimize the tax liability in a compliance manner. In addition, the team manages Cavco’s treasury operations to optimize cash management and investments within Cavco’s risk profile.
Sales Tax Manager research tax regulations, maintain an inventory of all taxing jurisdictions and requirements related to Cavco’s and subsidiaries (10+) operations, interact with regulators and tax auditors, ensure, and track tax payments and support the development of strategies to appropriately optimize Cavco’s tax liability. This role works independently executing process steps, conducting analysis, problem solving and delivering recommendations.
- Manage and supervise the indirect tax reporting process in conjunction with an outside consulting firm, including the timely filing of all returns and remittance of related taxes
- Respond to all indirect tax notices and inquiries from taxing authorities
- Oversee all indirect tax audits
- Manage appeals of assessed property values with assistance from an outside consulting firm
- Maintain and reconcile indirect tax general ledger accounts and evaluate account balances
- Research and communicate tax law and regulation changes to internal/external stakeholders
- Assist with maintenance of Tax Certificate Software
- Identify state job grant incentives with the help of an outside consulting firm
- Calculate, research, and provide information requested by management and external parties
- Assist with other areas as assigned
- 5 – 7+ years of relevant sales and use tax experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Highly organized, driven, and motivated
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Blackline, FAS, etc.
- State and Local Tax Knowledge
- Experience with manufacturing, retail, insurance, or mortgage industries a plus