Sample Processing Technician
Bio-Life Plasma, LLC
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
Responsible for all Sample Processing job skills, including, preparing plasma units for freezing, preparing samples of plasma for testing, and preparing plasma units and samples for shipment.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day
activities. Employees must also maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers (5%)
- Perform all required duties in the area of Sample Processing (including, but not limited to): (95%)
- Prepare units for frozen storage.
- Collect and store samples from plasma units for testing.
- Perform routine maintenance on the freezer including monitoring freezer and refrigerator temperatures and removing ice buildup.
- Prepare frozen plasma units and samples for shipping following established protocol.
- Organize plasma boxes/documents for scheduled shipments and assist in loading shipments.
- Manage supplies, assist management team with inventory control procedures, break down empty cartons and assist with proper disposal.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 26 lbs. and occasional lifting of materials 32 lbs. – 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally work in a cold environment ranging from -20 C (-4 F) to -40 C (-40F).
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear
DUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.