Sanitation (Food Production)
Park Rapids, MN
Title: Sanitation (Food Production)Location: Park Rapids, MN
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description SummaryPURPOSE/EXPECTED OUTCOME: Individual must know and understand the functions of the cleaning chemicals and tools used for sanitation purposes. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with supervisory staff regarding plant sanitation and safety procedures. Must be able to perform procedures for cleaning and sanitizing the plant and equipment to assure that the plant meets company, state and federal regulations and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for working in a safe and orderly manner while in the plant or on company property.
2. Must have the ability to work 12 hour shift with varied starting times as mandated per sanitation schedule.
3. Must have the ability to climb stairs and ladders, push/pull and reach above shoulder height frequently.
4. Have the physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
5. Must be able to read and understand container labeling, written procedures, MSDS and equipment instructions.
6. Must have the ability to wear a wet suit and all required personal protective equipment provided and required for safe job performance.
7. Correctly use crank up ladders, electric man lifts, pressure washers and hand tools occasionally.
8. Have the ability to work in high and precarious areas of the plant using proper safety equipment on an occasional basis.
9. Must be able to see color to properly identify chemicals and the labels.
10. Required to work in confined spaces or hazardous areas with proper, approved protective/safety equipment.
11. Must have the ability to explain and demonstrate the proper use of cleaning chemicals.
12. Must meet the requirements to perform the essential functions of the Trim and Inspect positions.
13. Keep your work area clean.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
15. Have the ability to work in varied temperatures and humidity.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
Education and/or experience: High School diploma or GED and one to three months of training and or related experience to satisfactorily perform the job.
Language Skills: Possess the ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as company rules, equipment instructions, container labels, MSDS and procedure manuals. Must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisory staff.
Mathematical Skills: Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and determine percentages and parts per million using whole numbers , common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning ability: Possess the ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out instructions, furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Have the ability to deal with problems involving equipment malfunctions or shortages.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Paid Time Off
Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
Family-Friendly Employee events
Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.Job Requisition ID: Req-232650Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local lawID:uDnQdo