American Falls, ID
Title: Sanitation LaborerLocation: American Falls, ID
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description SummaryThis position is assigned to various geographic locations within the Plant, for the purpose of maintaining clean and sanitary machinery, floor areas, miscellaneous equipment, and belts. This position will perform tasks that include, but are not limited to; shoveling and sweeping for long periods of time, lifting and emptying waste product, scrubbing walls, ceilings and equipment and must have the agility and stamina to use cleaning chemicals, ladders, high pressure guns, air hoses, and hot water units in a safe manner. This position will also, at times, be required to perform tasks not directly related to sanitation under the direction of shift supervision and sanitation lead. This position will obey all safety and GMP regulations, procedures, and practices set by the Company and Sanitation Department.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Clean equipment using established procedures, provided tools and training.
- Clean floors and maintain good housekeeping in area.
- Mix and use cleaning chemicals according to established procedures.
- Maintain a safe work area through adherence to safety rules and reporting of hazardous conditions.
- Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Thorough knowledge of cleaning agents, their uses, mixtures, hazards and first aid procedures.
- Must have understanding of various chemicals associated with Hazardous Chemical Program.
- Adhere to all company rules, policies, and/or procedures concerning work, GMP’s and safety.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Must have good communication skills oral and written.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Must have the manual dexterity and ability to safely use cleaning equipment.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions (i.e. extreme cold and heat, extreme wet, within closed surroundings).
- Must pass a 30 shift Sanitation training period
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Paid Time Off
Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
Family-Friendly Employee events
Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.Job Requisition ID: Req-233261Time Type: Full timeIn compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s work location, job duties, experience and expertise. A reasonable hourly estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $17.65 - $18.65
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local lawID:uDnQdo