Sanitation Lead (Night Shift)
Creativity, innovative thinking, and the manufacturing of top-quality products have put Lyons Magnus at the forefront of the food industry. Lyons is involved in each phase of the food manufacturing process from the growing of the raw materials to the marketing of the finished products – and everything in between. Lyons produces more than 2,000 different items for the industrial ingredient and food service segments, designing products for some of the top restaurant chains in the country, as well as international accounts.
This huge undertaking could not be done without a diverse and talented staff. At Lyons, our people are the heart of our organization. Lyons is proud to cultivate a thriving work environment with employees who are not just satisfied and productive but engaged in creating the future – the company’s and their own.
Lyons Magnus is seeking a Sanitation Lead for its Fresno, California Facility.
Pay Range: $18-$21 per hour
Responsible, self-motivated person to support all sanitation functions. This position is responsible for all activities involved in maintaining the cleanliness and food safe environment of the Processing facility, surrounding area and equipment. Perform daily sanitation of all processing lines. This position requires good communication and collaboration with operations, maintenance and internal management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the daily activities of a team of Sanitation Technicians.
• Manage technician work schedules. Assign work to employees daily.
• Responsible for confirming sanitation records are compliant and fill out properly.
• Ensure that all equipment is properly cleaned, sanitized, and inspected for cleanliness while following lock-out/tag-out procedures and wearing proper personal protection equipment (PPE) per CIP Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures.
• Must ensure sanitation guidelines and equipment meets or exceeds FDA, HACCP and QA standards.
• Monitor cleaning chemical concentrations to ensure that they comply with specifications.
• Ensure adherence to all safety and sanitation rules and regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
• Monitor inventory of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• Train and cross-train employees to comply with SSOPs and to use chemicals including; acids, chlorines, caustics and quats correctly and safely.
• Maintain open communication and working relationships with all departments, including QA/QC, Production and Maintenance.
• Makes recommendations to Manager regarding improvements to Sanitation Department's efficiency and/or effectiveness.
• Participate in the Lyons Escalation Procedure and communicate issues and important information to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
• Adhere to company policies and core values.
• Performs absence of allergen analysis.
• Performs clean equipment swabbing.
• May perform other duties as required.
• Overtime and weekends may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and industry standard cleaning procedures.
- Knowledge of HACCP and allergens.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Establish positive working relationships with Lyons’ management and senior support personnel.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus.
- 2+ years’ experience preferred within related fields.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize high-demands tasks.
- Strong leadership or supervisory skills with experience supporting and motivating a team.
Additional Information: Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain the very best people. Lyons Magnus offers a comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Sec. 125, 401(k) plan, and more. If you meet these requirements and are eager to join a dynamic company poised for further growth, please respond with resume. To learn more about Lyons Magnus, LLC its products and core values, visit www.lyonsmagnus.com or follow us on Instagram or Twitter . Lyons Magnus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. *This organization participates in E-Verify.ID:uDnQdo