Boardman Foods, Inc.
Cleans and sterilizes machinery, utensils, and equipment used to process or store products such as chemicals, paint, food, by performing the following duties. Identifies issues in plant sanitation and addresses these issues immediately or informs supervisor of the situation. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor. Supports all programs and policies that ensure that product is of the highest quality, meets specifications and is safe, legal and wholesome.
Benefits - Full Time Employees
- 401(k) with Company match
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company paid Life insurance
- Paid sick Leave/Paid time off
- 7 paid Holidays
- 5 extra Floating paid holidays
- Personal leave up to 60 days
- Free childcare
- Free Naturopathic doctor visits
- Pet insurance
- Scholarships opportunities
- College tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training options
- Career Building
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans all peeling line equipment with water to loosen and remove product debris, dirt, or other foreign material at breaks, lunch, and end of shift. These duties will be completed within the designated time period.
- Performs chemical application to all peel line equipment and other equipment as per sanitation schedule. Follows all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Lock Out/Tag Out. Always wears proper PPE when using chemicals.
- Notifies supervisor or maintenance of any mechanical problems on equipment or safety hazards.
- Removes product debris from floors and surrounding areas while the peel line is processing onions, remains constantly seeking areas or utensils on the peel floor that need cleaning.
- Empties onion trimming trash from waste buckets as needed during production. Does not distract peel line associates or others this includes talking.
- Has gear on and is ready for cleanup at least 15 minutes prior to cleanup. Obtains needed chemicals as directed by Supervisor.
- Assists maintenance in clearing clogged drains and removing the debris as needed (never performs any reaching, probing, etc. into moving belts or equipment. Never used brooms and other utensils other than as intended - sweeping floors, etc.
- Empties trash containers and places garbage in dumpster. Washes trashcans and covers as needed.
- Cleans lunchroom and bathrooms at least once a shift check and restock at least 4 times a shift.
- Assists with Low Risk Packaging Sanitation when requested.
- Completes at least one suggestion each month may or may not pertain to sanitation.
- Completes action items and or work orders as directed by supervisors and/or management.
- At the end of the shift fill out the following paperwork. Daily S5.7 Sanitation daily checklist, S5.9 Garbage daily removal checklist, Weekly S5.14 Weekly cleaning schedules and Monthly S5.15 Monthly cleaning schedule.
- Other related duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
- It is not necessary for this position to do every assignment included in this job description although it is preferred. If an accommodation is needed for any of these assigned tasks, you must submit a request with Human Resource Manager. This request must then be officially approved before it can go into effect. For those needing an accommodation it may be requested for even just one day.
Accountability Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Accurate Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Adaptability Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Autonomy Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Communication, Oral Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Detail Oriented Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Diversity Oriented Ability to work effectively with people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity or religion.
Empathetic Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
Energetic Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
Enthusiastic Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Ethical Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Friendly Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
Honesty / Integrity Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Interpersonal Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Loyal The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Motivation Ability to inspire oneself to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of your ability.
Organized Possessing the trait of being able to follow a systematic method of performing a task.
Patience Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
Persistence Ability to complete tasks or continue a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
Relationship Building Ability to effectively build relationships with co-workers.
Reliability The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Responsible Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
Self-Motivated Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Tactful Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
Tolerance Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or
Caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level is the work environment is usually very loud. The ability to perform this job and meet all the job description requirements is necessary to master this position. In addition, the ability to meet and/or exceed the competency statements shows that this associate is able to not only master this position but is ready for other opportunities.ID:uDnQdo